I made this super easy but really great chicken with a shallot sauce tonight and thought I'd share it. I used boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets. I like to use the cutlets because they are smaller and they cook better.

Heat 3 Tablespoons of oil to medium high. Salt and pepper the cutlets and coat them in flour. Cook them for 2-3 minutes (until they start to brown) on one side, then turn the heat down to medium and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oil. Turn it back up to medium high. Cut up one shallot and let it cook until almost brown in the oil. Add 3 teaspoons or so of flour to the oil and let them get coated. I wish I'd taken photos but I didn't this time. The pan gets dry again after you add the flour. Next add 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth (you can also add 1/2 cup of white wine if you like). Bring it to a boil and then turn it back down to simmer until it is thick. Add a bit of salt to taste and return the chicken to the pan. Once the chicken is heated back up again it's done. So simple but it tastes like a fancy dish. I served it with rice pilaf and broccoli.

Yum!
 
Top