I was buying a sheet of metal at the local supply shop and checking out the sterling silver. Ouch. It's really expensive. I looked down at my favorite spoon ring I was wearing and got an idea. Can you make jewelry out of silver dishes? The thrift store is right down the street so I stopped in and found not only this cool silver bowl for only $10 but a cute small fork and a spoon.

They were all pretty tarnished and black looking.



One of my favorite things to do when I was younger (dork alert) was to polish silver. My mother would buy silver tarnish remover and I'd polish up all the jewelry in the house. I loved it. I have always loved taking something sort of ugly and making it beautiful again. I do this with my photography as well, often shooting ordinary objects or alleys and making them beautiful. Repurposing things is exciting to me.

Shining up the cute little fork.




The bowl thing all nice and shiny and waiting to be cut into pieces. We'll see how this goes. I see many broken saw blades in my future! Or maybe I will try to use the dremel and see if that works. In that case I see many sparks and flying debris in my future. Either way, it's going to be fun and I'm sure something wonderful will happen. Now if I can just find the time to do it.



 
Top