I was asked to be a model in a benefit fashion show for the store Eight-o-Eight. It's really exciting. My brother is going to be in it as well. I went to the store on Tuesday to try on clothes to wear. I spent hours there and just couldn't decide. They let me take a bunch of clothes home to try out. I took photos of each outfit and asked friends and family to help me decide. The owner of the store really wanted me to wear something more casual and funky because most of the girls are wearing evening gowns. Plus she said I'm known for being funky! Ha. Yep, that is true. Here are some of the outfits.





This gown reminds me of the vintage one that Julie Roberts wore to the Oscars a few years back.




These shoes are awesome! I have a matching peacock feather headband to wear with them.


So I decided to wear the funky black sweater/top with skinny jeans and the peacock mary jane stacked heels. But when I got to the store she asked me to wear 2 outfits. Woohoo I get to wear the gown too. While we were writing everything down for the program, they asked me to try on these really awesome blue antique boots from the 1920's and they actually fit. They are flat and lace up the front. They were made by the woman who invented the stiletto heel! Then we had to find an outfit to go with them and I am wearing very short shorts that are blue and white striped with a DKNY turtleneck sweater. I am wearing gray tights and a funky white beaded necklace. Now I am wearing 3 outfits! I don't know how I am going to change in time but "make it work" right? Ha. Hopefully someone gets some pictures tonight. And hopefully I won't trip and fall and pull a Carrie Bradshaw! Lord help me.
If you live near Clawson and would like to come it is tonight at the Clawson High School at 7pm. It is a benefit for a very nice family who tragically lost their father. It is $10 and children under 5 are free. All are welcome! They will also have a 50/50, raffle tickets for items from the store (I donated photos, fingerless gloves, and jewelry), and a bake sale. The link for the facebook event page is here. Come out and laugh at me and have a great time!

 
Top