We had an absolutely Awesome Christmas and Holiday Season this Year... there was so much to be Thankful for and The Family and my Dear Friends exceeded my Gift Expectations and went above and beyond in Spoiling me rotten!   Check out for instance the Taxidermy Pheasant I bought with some of the Gift $$$ from The Son.  It will soon be Pimped Out in Gypsy Finery.  You wouldn't Believe how much of a Bargain I got it for, it was practically Free I tell ya!
 
 



But you know, sometimes when things are so Perfect during the Holidays or a Vacation, it's so easy to fall into the Post Holiday or Vacation Blues as you have a Crash Landing back to Reality when it's all over.   I suppose that's what happened to me Yesterday... I had my Crash Landing Day!?  Or perhaps I came down from the Sugar Blaze I'd been on, since I rarely eat Sweets and Sugar, but during the Holidays the Sugar Devil can be particularly Tempting... and bottoming out from a Sugar High can be brutal too!
 
 


Sure... I was still totally Jazzing on my Fab Christmas Gifts... many of which I'd also had the Joy of Shopping for with my Christmas Gift $$$... and having extra Cash to go on an Egocentric Shopping Spree is always quite the Rush isn't it?  *Winks*  Indulging in Retail Therapy can help keep Spirits High and Soaring in fact... so inevitably you have to Land sometime!
 
 



Especially when you Discover something really Awesome to add to your Favorite Collections... like this Carnival Kitsch Puppy from 1930 that is Signed and Dated with the Carnival it came from.  This too was procured with some of the Christmas Cash that The Son gave me... and for a mere Seven Bucks I was giddy with Excitement since now these Kitschy Collectible Treasures can be pricey. 
 
 



So... what the hell was wrong with me Yesterday when I had the worst ever case of the Post Holidays Blues in recent Memory?   Well, the Crash Landing back to Reality started in the Front Kitchen... you know, that Room that I had Tirelessly slogged away at Transforming into Functional Retro Splendor.  Only now it looked like Ground Zero after a Nuclear Attack!   Sure, the Sweet Retro Candy Canisters I'd 'Scored' for Christmas to put The G-Force's Cereals in looked Awesome... IF you could GET TO them across the Wasteland that had become the Kitchen's Floor?!? 
 
 
 
 
Seriously, you could take your Life into your hands navigating the obstacle course of Food Boxes generously supplied by Local Churches and Schools that I hadn't had the stamina to put away yet into the Pantry at the back of the house.  And I felt so Guilty and Ashamed about not just being Grateful and Appreciative of the Generosity, because it IS a Huge Blessing to have such a bounty of non-perishables given to feed this brood for the New Year.  We'd received so much, with everyone knowing about The Man's Catastrophic Event this Summer and long road to Recovery. 
 




Yet having several heavy boxes laden with food at the front of the house, which needed to be navigated thru the narrow transom doors and through the maze of rooms to the back of the house is no small feat, especially with a sore back.  Which had become sore after doing hours of Pre-Holiday Laundry, which was still sitting around in baskets waiting to be put away.  And then there was the usual After Christmas Mess that is the Dark Side to every Holiday with Hosting Family and Friends.  So it was all quite overwhelming to me all of a sudden because it had to be done and I was an Army of One. 


 
 
 The Man is still a 'Fall Risk' so I can't afford to keep things cluttered and messy until I feel like getting around to it... and I wasn't feeling like getting around to anything Truth be told.  The G-Kid Force are driving me Crazy being Fussy and already claiming Boredom only days into Winter Break and receiving their Christmas Bounty!!!  *WHAT!!!*   When they crash for the Night I'm so relieved... and no matter how difficult they were, in slumber they always look so Precious... especially The Beast Princess, who slumbers in all kinds of Interesting places during the Holidays making me laugh out loud!   This particular Night she had fallen asleep under the Coffee Table so she could be as close to the Christmas Tree as possible!  *Smiles*
 
 



Not to mention that the G-Kid Force are still at that Age where running constant damage control behind them and their Friends can be a full time job on a regular day... and during the Holidays, Forget About It!  Their Attention Span is miniscule and New Toys have them and their Posse playing with everything and nothing all at once and they're still on a heady Holiday High.  New Toys and Experiencing them are like Kiddie Crack, they can't get enough and the overstimulation short-circuits them and they soon go haywire!  *LOL* 


 
 
Sometimes they do their part to clean up after themselves, in their fashion, and for a minute they get along and play well with others.  Other times the battle to get them to do their part is even more exhausting than just doing it myself and just banishing them all from the house to Torment some of the other Kid's in the Posse's Families for a while, especially when they all begin to not get along and play well with others! *Smiles*  Hey, Sharing is Caring I hear!  I can only wear my Referee Shirt and Whistle for small portions of each day keeping the Peace before I'm not having Fun anymore either!  *LOL*  When there's so many Kiddos in the house it's beginning to look like a Day Care, Gramma's had enough now!  *Winks*
 
 



Thankfully my Case of the Post Holidays Blues only lasted a single day.  *Whew*   And Today I got busy doing what had to be done and began tackling it all... and actually it didn't kill me and I still had time to do some Pleasurable things and just Relax after a Whirlwind Holiday Season concluded.  I had Time to sit back and Enjoy some of my New Christmas Gifts of Enchantment.  This is yet another Found Treasure I bought with The Son's Christmas Cash... an Awesome Burlwood Vase Signed by the Artist.  Just look at that Natural Patina to the Wood... Divine!!!  And it was "Picked" for less than THREE BUCKS!  *Gasp!*
 
 


And this is the other side, which has the most Fabulous Natural Bluish Hue to the Wood... I'm no Wood Expert so I'd be Interested to know what kind of Wood this was Created from?  And it's cut from a single chunk, so both Hues are part of the same Tree, which is mind boggling the diversity of Coloration in one piece of Wood!!!
 

 
 
And if anyone is Familiar with this Artist or can decipher the Signature, please Help a Sista out, since I'd like to know more about their body of Work.
 
 



I had been Admiring a Pom-Pom Scarf Wrap at Target for Winter wear... but didn't want to pay the Retail Price.  So Imagine my Delight when I'm "Pickin" and come across the Identical Scarf for less than a Buck... Booyah!!!   As well as the Victorian Style Fringed Lampshade for a Buck, which will be Dyed Black and Embellished Gypsy Style as a New Year's Project.
 
 



I think that the New Year's Projects will keep the Blues at bay, since when I'm Creating and Transforming Spaces, I'm in my own Bubble of Bliss... it tempers Reality and the harshness it can bring to even the best of Families.  And I must say that I'm Optomistic that 2014 will bring forth Blessings so Abundant they will be difficult to contain and so will have to be Shared and spread around!
 
 



And really, Blue isn't such a bad Color if you look at it in the right Perspective rather than as a Mood... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

 
 
Top