Creative Night #2

Last night I had another creative spurt. I made the scarflette above while sitting in the green room at a local theater where my daughter was performing and last night I finished it up by adding the loops along the bottom and the buttons. The buttons are vintage ones from my grandmother's collection and I like to double them up so there is a bigger one beneath a small one. I kind of want to keep this scarflette but I think it will end up on etsy tonight!



I made this pendant out of aluminum which I cut and hammered by hand. Then I sanded it and added the sparkly blue charm.


This is a sweater I started over Thanksgiving break which I recently finished. I added buttons last night, again layering them up for texture. The only thing is the sweater is too big for me. I have it cinched in back for the photo. I'm looking for solutions...maybe lacing something in the back to cinch it up? I really want to keep this sweater! The pattern is from Vickie Howell's book Aware Knits (she rocks!).


I found these awesome enameled brass pendants at JoAnn's yesterday and made these necklaces. Again, I want to keep them both but they are listed on my etsy site right now. If you want them, act fast because I will be taking them off etsy and to the indie craft show I am in this weekend.








I made this one a while ago but sanded it and finished it last night. I sawed aluminum tubes and layered them with jade beads.

I actually took the time and wrote down the pattern for this crocheted flower I made up last night. Eventually I am hoping to sell patterns for my flowers and scarflettes. This one is all popcorn stitches and lots of fun to make. I added the flower to the orange loopy scarflette.


This is where I work on my jewelry. It's a child's table from Ikea-pathetic I know but we are limited on space in our house and it works! (Isn't my anvil cute?!)

This is one of the keys from the antique cash register I took apart. I tried to solder a bale onto the back of one but I ended up melting the plastic coating on the key. Then I tried to glue one one and that didn't work either. So I cut a piece of brass in an oval shape and sanded it down, added some texture and a hole, and I am going to try glueing it to that. But first I want to immerse it in liver of sulfur and see if I can get some kind of patina on it. Not sure if it will work with brass but it's fun to experiment!







These are all the pendants I've made in the past couple weeks that I need to buy chains for. The bird one is another piece of brass that I want to try to patina. We'll see what happens!


These are green glass beads that are layered on a brass pin and hang on brass hooks.
We shall see what tonight brings!




 
Top