Two More Creative Nights!

Tuesday and Wednesday were full of last minute creations for this Saturday's show. The pendant above was a piece I pulled from that antique cash register and I've played around with it a lot trying to figure out what to do with it. I wire wrapped it using steel wire (my hands were sore!) and then I was playing around with adding a jewel in a setting to it. I made these little loops and hammered them and set them on and realized it didn't need the jewel after all. I like the modern look to this, especially since it was taken from something so old! The highest price on the cash register keys was $3- can't even imagine a time like that.


I started playing around with these brass loops again and came up with a pair of large earrings in which I wire wrapped green glass drop beads with thin copper wire. And I made the necklace using the same technique.



This is another necklace I made from the antique cash register. This is my favorite piece we pulled from it. It has raised numbers around the edges and I think it was the stamp used to print receipts. I spent hours bringing this up to a shine and sanding down all the rough spots. I used heavy duty jewelry glue to attach the setting/jewel in the middle. It's actually an earring I wore in highschool. I am keeping this one for myself!





All the finished pieces that are hung and waiting to be priced. That is tonight's plan--get it all priced. I hate this part!



















Quite an ecclectic collection but I like to try a lot of different things.





Finished out the night by getting all my photographs ready. I used plastic sleeves and cardboard from a comic book store. Great prices! So much better than buying them from a supplier. Last time I did a show I spent days matting all my photos. This time I am backing them and leaving them unmatted. I didn't realize just how many photos I have had printed! I also made prints of some of my charcoal drawings and will be selling those as well.






I also did a little photo shoot of self portraits that go along with the swallowed series.





 
Top