I have been thinking about art a lot lately and actually have been thinking more about painting than photography. I was also thinking about how I could combine both photography and painting. Today I was scrubbing the inside of a glass shower and noticed the really nice marks the white cleaner was making on the glass. It was almost like paint. I ran and grabbed my camera thinking I would photograph it and then overlay it with another photo. Instead I set up the camera on top of a pile of towels and set the self timer. These are what came out of that. They are photographs but in a way they involve painting both before the shots and after when manipulated. I am really happy with the results and I think it's my strongest work yet. I am hoping to print them really large on metallic paper.
I am thinking about calling this series "Black and Blue Again." I heard the song of the same title by Dave Gahan not too long ago and it totally inspired this shoot. I am also wondering if "Swallowed" would be a good title for the series.





 
Top