Ah...Christmas vacation. All the presents are bought and wrapped (never mind that the wrapping paper and scraps are all sitting on the living room floor while I write this...and the house could use a good vacuum) and I am catching up on my blog reading. So many inspiring ideas!


First of all check out the Christmas issue of Crochet Today! So retro--I love it. More images are on Brett Bara's blog (a great blog to follow by they way)Manhattan Craft Room.
I thought this was a real gingerbread house until I looked at it really closely. It's all crocheted! Awesome!
The magazine's website had these cute ideas on it too:

I would totally wear this! I have to pick up a copy of the magazine for the pattern. Changing colors is so easy with crochet as well as crocheting in the round.
How could anyone say no to this? You had me at crochet...

Check out this last minute gift wrap idea from Make Something's Blog. Super simple and actually probably faster than wrapping if you already have your machine and fabric available!


Here is another great idea I came across today that I am most definitely going to try. You take a t-shirt and make it into this adorable shrug! The how-to is on the Cut Out And Keep website, as well as all the variations people have done with it.




Another really wonderful website is Urban Sketchers which is a non-profit site devoted to sharing sketching that is done on location while the event or thing is happening. It is updated almost every day and worth checking out. Some really amazing talent posts there!






Etsy Finds
Here are some awesome etsy finds I came across today too.



I love this dress. This seller has a whole bunch of retro type dresses and one of them is even reversible. From audreyandgrace.



This adorable dress is available at OneGirlCircus on etsy. I bought one of her adorable and super soft shirts for my son at the Holiday Crafternoon and it is awesome!

Now, to tackle that big pile of wrapping paper I left in the living room!
 
Top