I realize that I've been very doom and gloomy lately with all the personal challenges going on... and that's so NOT me to allow mere circumstances to rob me of my Joy for Life... and not to look for Sunshine on a cloudy day.  Especially here in the Land of Blog which is my Special Happy Place to Retreat to and savor all that is Radiant, Fun, Creative and Visually gobstopping!
 
 


So I've decided to focus on Posts that Celebrate the Sunshine Moments I look for each day that just make me Smile and tickle my Fancy.  Such as this Vintage VW Bus that Princess T and I spied in a Parking Lot near our Antique Mall one Afternoon.  Festooned in Hippie Style Gloriousness that gave me a heady Rush of Nostalgia and maybe a few Flashbacks of my Favorite Era!  *Winks*
 
 



Oh how I recall such Merry Prankster Style rides on their way to some Grand Adventure... or maybe it was even Home Sweet Home to the Nomadic Free Spirits whose back yard was always the Open Road.
 
 



I miss the Nomadic Lifestyle actually and at times the Wanderlust is so strong that it is difficult to have to stay put.  Though we have a Lovely Quirky Historic Home that was the stuff my Dreams were made of... the first Home I've ever owned that didn't have wheels {LOL}... and I've accumulated a Hoard of Cool Old Stuff now that I've stayed put a while... I could probably ditch it all and return to being a Free Spirited Nomad with no permanent address.
 
 


Swag-N-Dog's ride is also the Stuff Dreams are made of... for those who have the Wanderlust in them and who Feel the Call of the Open Road frequently.  "You're NEVER Home!" so many of my Friends have always said... and it's True.  Even though we have FINALLY put down roots enough to have a permanent address that can't be hauled down the road... I compensate for restraining my strong Wanderlust by being out and about as often as I can be.
 
 


Perhaps that has actually been the most revealing challenge to me... and caused much of the doom and gloom Vibe and Anxiety that has weighed so heavy lately upon me... that I Feel particularly Anchored and Tied Down lately and it's just NOT my Natural or Normal State of Being!?!
 
 



Like trying to domesticate a Wild Thing... it doesn't work out so well... because the Call of the Wild is just too strong and will pull at you constantly, regardless of circumstance.  And when I'm out and about the Joy is still quite Evident to me... all those things that bring a Smile to my Face and make Life so worth Living even during those cloudy times are still there.
 
 

 
 
And I have to keep the Hope Alive that even though I presently Feel like a Caged Bird, I still have my Wings and can still Fly... when it's Time again to soar Free and without such restraints as are presently grounding me.
 



Jimi said it best, "Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky.
Purple haze all around
Don't know if I'm comin' up or down
Am I happy or in misery?"
 
 

 
 
Maybe the Haze will lift soon... and the Sunshine will be even Brighter!?
 
Peace, Love and Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

 
Top