I have a total Infatuation with Skull Art and have been Intrigued by it for many years... and each year I try to find at least one Art Skull Creation to add to my Collection and my Dia de los Muertos Altar for October.  So... the Quest is on...
 
 
 
 
And if I don't end up with the Budget to Purchase one, I am probably going to make one of my own Creations... and so it's nice to get some Inspiration just in case Necessity becomes the Mother of Invention this Year!?! *Smiles*
 
 
 


I was really taken with this Creative Idea of utilizing Bohemian Bling, Kitsch and Jewelry Parts to cover a Skull Form.  It actually looks Cooler & more Impressive in person, photos don't do the piece Justice... especially not photos through a glass case.
 
 



I was really digging this piece in fact... but the first time I saw it there was no price so I assumed it to be a NFS Display piece?
 
 


 
 
When I came back another day to Photograph it there was now a price, but not within my Budget... so I thought, I'll make an Offer...  so we'll wait and see if the Artist will consider it or not?
 
 

 
But if not I've got plenty of Bling & Kitschy Chachkes to make one and that might be a Fun Project.  And one I could get the G-Kid Force involved in too... Creating their own Dia de los Muertos Jewelry & Beaded Skulls.
 
 

 
 
The same Artist made this Lovely Mosaic Skull too.
 
 
 
 
And of coarse there was the Fabulous Skull Art of my Fav "Creative Native"... Yaqui Artist Ben Molina.
 
 
 
 
I got the privilege to finally meet Ben on this Visit to THE BRASS ARMADILLO PHOENIX location and chat about his Art and doing things the Old Traditional Tribal ways.  Not only is Ben a Super Talented Artist but also a really all around nice Guy.
 
 
 
 
I 'Scored' one of his Dia de los Muertos Art Skulls last Year to add to my Collection and it's a piece I Adore and really Cherish.
 
 
 
 
His Creations don't last long before being Sold and he only makes a few Art Skulls each Year, this one just came in and each Creation is a OOAK Work of Art.
 
 


What particular Styles of Art are you Infatuated with my Friends or have built a Special Collection of?
 
 
Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top