Here we are at the Finale of the SWEET SALVAGE 'Now Showing' Event Posts... where one of the new Guys on the Sweet Team, Scott, did an outstanding job of Styling a Section from the Inspiration of one of the Favorite Films of my Era, "Easy Rider".




I got to meet and talk to Scott and he's been a Picker for some time, but this is his first venture into Styling for an Event and he totally Rocked it Mantique Style!   There were so many Killer Architectural Salvage Elements in his Vignettes that I only wished I had an unlimited Budget an a big U-Haul!  *LOL* 




And I 'Scored' two of my Favorite Treasures in Scott's "Easy Rider" Section, which shall be Revealed later in the Post...




I was Loving the Huge Industrial Letters... Lockers... Vintage Photos...




Old Doors... Stained Glass Windows... Vintage Signs...





And let me tell you that any Motorcycle Memorabilia and Vintage Items were being snapped up in a flash!   One thing I've discovered about Men and Mantiques, when they like something they don't hesitate... they just buy it... pronto!!!  *Smiles*




If you were Decorating your Man Cave, this was the Section to head to first...




And I know when I Discovered my Amazing Signage there in Scott's Section I was so Excited and Eager to scoop it up before anyone else had the chance... that I even forgot to Photograph it in it's Vignette!  *LOL*




But there were other items I would have liked to have had... such as this Martini Glass Sign...




And various Vintage Industrial Style Lighting.




And it was Interesting to look at all the Old Photos scattered around the Shop...




And Princess T HAD to Photograph this Vignette of Fabulously oversized Metal Butterfly Art! *Winks*




And she just HAD to Photograph this Vintage Bike and Wagon, which she was sure was like what Gramma must have tooled around on back In The Day... and you know, she was right!  *Smiles*  Only my Bike with Banana Seat and Easy Rider Handlebars also had a Sissy Bar that stood about 14 inches high behind my Seat and Sported huge Reflectors!  *LOL*




In fact, with Camera firmly in hand, Princess T insisted on doing a once-over throughout the entire Shop before we left to Photograph anything we {meaning ME} might have missed in our Coverage!  She's thorough and quite OCD like that!  *Winks*




Plus it gave her even more Opportunity to not only practice being Event Photographer-In-Training... but also practice Modeling & being Diva for a Day... which she Excels at!  *Winks*  Even though I'm not Excelling at getting the Panoramic Shot of her in our Favorite Section without flash 'wash'!  *Smiles*  But that "Featured Drama" Sign was mighty Tempting since that's exactly what The Princess Provides Daily and so it's a very fitting piece of Signage for her!  *Winks*




So... we went to every Section at least one more time, allowing the Princess to take some Photos from her Fresh Young Perspective...





And whereas Gramma tends to focus on the Close-Up Shots... The Princess tends to focus on the Grand Panoramic Shots... so it was a good thing I took her on Day #3 of the Event so that it was possible to give you Panorama via Princess T's Photo Shoot Coverage of the Event.





And though my cheap Camera's flash often 'washes' on the Panoramic View and gives too grainy an Image of the Big Picture, no real fault of the Photographer... The Princess wanted to try to capture Gramma Lusting over her Fav Deconstructed Chair & Sofa Set!  *LOL*  So, I'll include it... even though, Good Lord, do I really have that many chins now?!?  *Gasp!*  This shall now be my Going to the Gym Inspiration Shot!  *LOL*




So... I set Princess T loose with the Camera to get the last of the Great Shots she was convinced I'd missed... *Smiles*





I Love having my Lil Sidekick in tow... she's a Riot!




And you'll be proud of me, I even passed up some of MAMA'S DOGS on the way out, still thinking about my double chin and all!  *LOL*... Lovely Carissa Gould has a Mobile Food Cart set up for your Dining Pleasure just outside the Shop... isn't she Darling?!?  That's just the Girlish Figure my Gym Time is trying to recapture my Friends!!!   Well... a Gal can Dream can't she?!?!!! *Smiles*




And now to Reveal some of the Awesome Signage I 'Scored' during this SWEET SALVAGE Event...
A Vintage Valley National Bank "Bookkeeping Solutions" Sign...  a Street Sign with a Gorgeous Rusted Aged Patina...




And my Favorite Sign... the Old Valley National Bank Trust Office Sign!!!  *Whoo Hoo!!!*  I remember these Signs hanging at some of our Branches back in the day when I worked for the Bank in the 70's and early 80's... so it was a total Rush of Nostalgia to now own a piece of that Arizona Banking History.





Scott, I was totally Jazzed to 'Score' these VNB Vintage Pieces you Picked Locally... it was one of those Found Treasures that totally made my Day!




And this Vintage Hand Carved Signage looks Great with my Summer Vignettes... though I haven't dusted in a dog's age, so please don't blow up these Shots to Reveal my Shame!  *LOL*  This is one thing with Decorating with Whites that I abhor... Colors and Sepia hide a multitude of Sins for the Laid Back housekeeper {ie: ME!}... *Winks* 




Which is why I'm moving back more and more to my Original Preferred Palette in Decorating of Sepia with Bold Jeweltone Color... but for Summer the Whites just look Cool, Fresh and give the Illusion of Cooler temps and temporary Cleanliness *Winks*... which we desperately need when the exterior temps are hovering around 116 degrees!  *Whew*





And for at least a brief Moment in Time during the Summer Months we'll go Lighter... well, 'til the Crew here makes it not so White and Cleaner... then we'll go back to Jewel Tones & Sepia!  *Smiles*




And while I'm doing a Reveal I might as well show you yet another Awesome 'Score' from a Goodwill Hunting forray...




This Huge Pre-War German Antique Radio!!!




Actually... on the day of the Event I was Junquing the whole day, not just to Feather my Nest... but also to fill my Booth... and I came away with some Fab 'Scores'...




And I'm getting better at discerning what will Stay and what will Go... regardless of how Cute it is and how much I like it.  *Winks*  The German Radio was a "Keeper" since I have a small Collection of Vintage Radios and enjoy Styling with them.




But the Old and Super Sweet German Shepherd was Booth Bound...




As was this Awesome Bisque German Madonna... since I already have the 100 year old Larger Color Version already in my vast Collection of Spiritual Art.




The Vintage Sepia Photo and Cigar Box Purse was also Booth Bound...




But I Waffled on this Silverplate Pitcher... I'm liking it too much for now to part with it and can Imagine it filled with Arizona Wildflower Bouquets...





All of the Sweet China Dog Miniatures were Booth Bound and a big hit... half Sold the first day...





And these were going to be Booth Bound...




Until the G-Kid Force Discovered they weren't the Coasters Gramma assumed they were in the Bag Lot they came in... and so begged me to keep them...




Yep, turns out they're Sweet Game Card Scorekeepers and so we'll keep these for Game Nights... and little Art Projects since they hold Scrap Paper on the one side that is perfect for Artistic Expressions.




And this one goes without saying as being a "Keeper"... I "Heart" Natural Crystals and Stones of all sorts... so this Amethyst Crystals Votive was a Delightful 'Score'...




And on Spa Nights I shall set a lit Tealight in it and luxuriate in the Atmosphere and Ambiance it shall Create... *Winks*




The Cute little Salt -N- Peppa Monks were also Booth Bound since I also 'Scored' the Goebel ones on the same day... these are the Japanese Version...




So I opted to keep the Goebel Originals, though they're in rough shape they were only Five Bucks and still Charming... 




And besides, they go nicely with our Vintage Monk Cookie Jar that they match rather well.



And I've gotta keep The Man, The Son and The G-Kid Force Honest about not pinching those Cookies when I'm not looking, now don't I?!?  *Winks*

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top