It all started with browsing through etsy and seeing illustrations of antique cameras and I decided to draw on my purse. I started getting stopped on the street and asked about it. Then I came up with the idea of "purse tattoos." I am hoping to offer them on my etsy shop--you mail me your purse and I "tattoo" it and mail it back. I'm still working out the details.

Then a friend asked me to do one on a vintage Tourister suitcase called a Tiara.





I stopped in at Eight-o-Eight (a resale shop) in Clawson and Carmen, one of the owners, gave me a bunch of her purses to tattoo. This one is an illustration of Carmen herself!


I bought this cute white purse at Eight-o-Eight and I'm going to offer it in my etsy shop too. Check out the vampire teeth on it!
Most of my product shots are self portraits and I always do them in front of the same wall in the same way and although I do like them sometimes I just get bored. So I hopped up on our trunk and took this one. I liked it so much that I got my daughter to pose for me too.





Then I decided to take some self portraits. And there you go-it all started with a purse and I think it ended with some of the strongest self portraits I've done. Or at least I hope!






 
Top