This morning I got a call from my mom telling me that my photography exhibit was in Sunday's Oakland Press! So exciting. It is a great feature with the above photo and it takes up 1/4 page in the Arts section. Wow. I never ever thought that I could be so lucky. Hopefully they will put the article online and I can update this post.






Then later in the day a blog post was published about my "egg" dress mixed media piece on the FreeStyle In Detroit blog. Check it out and leave a comment. And be sure to follow her blog because not only is she a terrific writer but she is really in touch with fashion in Detroit as well!





Don't forget to mark your calendars for this coming weekend's Women's Celebration of Art & Culture at The Crofoot in Pontiac. They are going to have tons of live music, a fashion show, art, indie crafts, and even comedians. Should be a great night-plus lots of drink specials too. I will be there selling my photography and jewelry and knitted/upcycled items. It is Saturday, February 13th from 6pm until 2am. More info by clicking here.
I will also be a part of Leon & Lulu's Artists Market on Feb. 28th and March 2nd. I cannot wait! If you have never been to Leon & Lulu's in Clawson it is really unique and fun. Once a rollerskating rink, they have kept the rink floor and even the snack bar where you can pick up complementary coffee and cookies while you browse the store. The owner, Mary Liz Curtain (pictured above), can often be seen chatting with customers as well as her adorable dogs who roam free throughout the store. For more info on the Artist's Market and all the artists that will be there-click here.


 
Top