I was on etsy today (big surprise there) and came across someone who buys vintage bags and then stamps an image on them. My first thought was, "I can do that!" only instead draw on them. I pulled all of my purses out of my closet and decided to use my brown Sarah Jessica Parker bag from Steve & Barry's.


I decided to draw a vintage camera (another big surprise there huh?) and drew it on paper first to make sure it wasn't going to look totally stupid.




At first it was pretty nerve racking to be drawing in permanent marker on one of my favorite bags! I got over it fast though and it turned out exactly how I wanted. Whew.











I am thinking about offering custom "bag/purse tattoos" in my etsy shop. Let me know if you are interested. I could do just about any design/ illustration. I am thinking of keeping the price low--$10 for something simple plus $5 for return shipping (you pay the shipping to send it to me).
 
Top