It took a few hours and quite a bit of work but I am pleased to say that my photography exhibit is up! I think it has a nice flow to it and I also included my antique camera collection in the cases.

The center wall features bright and colorful "object" type of photography, seen in unusual ways.


Then it drifts to the left wall and starts to move into "people" photography. The piece titled "Puppets" starts to get a bit dark in content and it is followed by "Swallowed" which is full of human emotion. This piece was one I created after thinking about how to cross over abstract painting with photography and also include the emotion and power that bold brush strokes can bring. I painted the glass when setting up the shot, took the shot, and then digitally manipulated (painted) it after so it is a 3 part process as well.




As you drift from the "objects" on the back wall, the exhibit turns to "life" and a bright and colorful grouping of four photographs displaying how vibrant nature can be. Next to them is a photo representing how people try to mimic that bright and colorful aspect of life. And the last photograph is what happens when people abandon that attempt- an abandoned farm house that was once painted in bright beautiful colors.






I had a little helper too!



Stop by and see it at the Farmington Hills City Gallery (inside the Costick Center) during business hours (M-F 9-5) and if you can come to the opening reception January 22nd from 6-9, I will personally tell you how much you rock!
 
Top