We finally had a day to just relax at home with no plans so I pulled out my sewing machine and made this scarflette! I felted this vibrant blue sweater a long time ago and used it for the liner of a bright orange felted scarf. But there was still quite a bit left and finding a sweater (or even yarn) in this bright a blue is rare so I used it up!



I cut the sleeve off and cut the ribbed end off as well. I sewed the end shut and turned it right side out. I used my rotary cutter and a ruler to get a perfectly straight strip which I made into the ruffle in the end. To sew it, I inserted it between each seam and pinned it shut. Then sewed it-pretty simple actually. I decided to sew snaps in the inside to close it. It needed something else but with such a bright color I wanted to keep it fairly simple so I sewed on a collection of my grandmother's vintage buttons. Now I have to decide if I'm going to keep it for myself or sell it on etsy...





I have this necklace below listed on etsy and it has been sitting there a while. It's a really cool necklace and after evaluating the listing I decided it needed some better photos, which then led me into evaluating all my listings and I decided to reshoot a whole bunch!




This is another necklace that looks really great on but I didn't have any photos of anyone wearing it. I also lowered the price a bit.



These are a couple of new necklaces. The bird one was made by piecing together little bits and pieces of chain that I had leftover. I can't waste good chain! I hammered the circles by hand to connect them all. It has such a cute kitchy look to it!

I took a self portrait while I was at it too. I have really been loving the wrist warmers lately!



I love comments so please feel free to leave one!
 
Top