I really enjoy Sourcing Treasures... for my Home and now for my Booth.


What I enjoy most about Junquing is that you never really know what you're going to come across and the Thrill of that Hunt is something I look forward to.


This Saturday most of the Thrifts had their big Sales and though typically I am not a Morning Person and don't get up to be one of the first at the Sales, this time I made an exception to see what it was like and whether it would pay off?


You see, though I am an avid Fan of Treasure Hunting and Junquing in general, I am NOT a Fan of the mob scenes at Sales or Special Events and the mania it can create and bring out in folks, so I would rather avoid that scene.


But I didn't know what to expect and I'll try anything once... twice if I like it... *Winks* and it wasn't too bad actually at the Thrifts, folks were generally patient, pleasant and orderly at the Shops I visited... though it did get crowded quickly so I didn't stay long at any one place.


And even though I did a Marathon cruise of each Shop to scope out everything quickly and target only what jumped out at me visually & made an instant impact...  I "Scored" well and so it was a very productive Morning.


And by the same Afternoon I had taken some of the items to THE BRASS ARMADILLO WEST to do a Booth Foof at #44.  *Smiles*


I really enjoy working my Booth and visiting with Friends at the Mall while I'm there... so its a perfect mix of Biz and Pleasure.


And its so close to Home that I can stop by anytime... or take the Family with me and include them in the venture, which they're enjoying as much as I am.


And I'm very pleased at how well received our Space has been and how well it is already doing because it is something I had been Dreaming of doing for quite some time.


I always knew that Junquing was in my blood and a complete Joy... so that part of it isn't even like Work to me... I could never tire of seeking out Found Treasures... for myself or for resale.


And parting with the majority of 'scores' has been easier than I expected it to be.  No matter how Cool I think it is {and lets face it, if I didn't like it I wouldn't even purchase it for resale}, now that I can also make a buck on my Treasure Hunting abilities and have a place to offer it... well, that makes the "letting go" so much easier because it's really Blessing my Family. 
  

There are even times when I wander about the House deciding what else I can sell?  *LOL*  And I can always 'keep' the Images of the items I felt some attachment to for a while before letting them go... and many of them go so quickly, like this Sweet Head Vase which was Sold almost as soon as she arrived at the Booth & made her debut... and it makes me Happy to Rescue pieces that now will find new Homes with someone who enjoys them too... so... it's all good...  *Winks*

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top