"Dear Santa... I want this... for a start..."


I have no idea where I'll put it, but I Want it...  It appeals to me... A LOT!!! *Winks*  I can envision it at this Old House... it's perfectly my Style.


And that's how it always starts... my stupidly long Christmas Wish List. *LOL*


It's the biggest problem I have when I walk into my favorite Shops like RUST & ROSES owned by my Friend Shelly Session and where the delightful visuals in today's Post were photographed at.  And CONGRATULATIONS to Shelly for being recently profiled on Channel 3 for the "Shop Local" segment!!!  You go Girl!!! 


And in this Booth there belonging to my Friend Pauline Sierras... SOOOOOOOOOOO many Desires... Wants... Wish List growing longer and longer! *Le Sigh* 


It's true, I'm insatiable...


I would need a Home as big as a Warehouse to house and Style all of the Lovelies that I'd be tempted to feather my Nest with and Desire... *Winks*


Along with an enormous Storage Facility for those Seasonal items that would be just right during the various Holidays. 


And I not only end up with a Wish List that grows stupidly long... but I also go into Inspirational Overload...


My head starts spinning with Creative ideas of my own after beholding Beautifully Created Treasures by other Artists that might use a fabric, a Lovely Found Treasure, a Color Palette that strongly appeals to me and gets the Creative Juices flowing to go Home and Create or Style something!


It doesn't even have to be a Grand Vignette that has me off and running Artistically or Creatively... it can and often is something very Simple and maybe even obscure that becomes my Muse.


Its probably a good thing that I don't work somewhere like this because I'd probably self-implode... it would be too much visual stimulation...


Too much Temptation... if only I had any wall space left... a pair of Vintage Skis Beautifully decorated for Christmas would end up on MY walls! *Winks* 


Things I hadn't even thought about as Styling options would suddenly become a Junquing Mission because it would have Inspired me so much and be somewhat of a Junquing Challenge...  Things like Vintage Sleds, Skis, Ice-Skates... in a DESERT no less!  *LOL*


Crazy... but that's how it would play out... I'd be seeking out those things that one doesn't often hardly ever find in a climate where the use of such things is... well... ridiculous if you're not Styling with them... because we have NO use for them in a Desert! *LOL*  


And even though I already own so many Vintage Suitcases you would think I'm moving at any time now or going on a lengthy Trip... every so often I still see one I Want... so, go ahead, put that on The List too... why not? *Winks*


After all it's Christmas... a Magical Time when Dreams and Wishes can come true, right?


And even though I'm all grown up... and have been for quite some time now *Smiles* my stupidly long Christmas Wish List is equally as outrageous as any Child's might be.


Because I just Love and Adore Beautiful things...


Vintage things...


Imaginitively Styled things...


Repurposed things... Upcycled things...


Creative things...


Spiritually Inspired things...


Organic things...


Romantic things...


Nostalgic things...


Shiny things...


Chandies...


Quirky things... Oddities...


Pillows...


Feathers...


Dress Forms...


And even THAT List goes on and on almost endlessly! *Whew*


Yes, my Passions and Loves range far and wide... from Architectural Salvage...


To Vintage Cowboy Boots & Old Lace...


Collectibles...


To Cool Sap Buckets... and did I say Pillows already *Winks*, yeah, I did... *LOL*



As a matter of fact every time I walk into RUST & ROSES these Sap Buckets call out to me like a Siren's Song!  If they all sell out before I save up for one I'll be heartbroken! *Sob*


And Shelly Sources the most amazing Antique and Vintage Furniture... this piece took my breath away... OMG... 


Just look at the fabulous Antique Mirror on the top of it!!!


And the Details... and the Storage...


And the Hardware... and the Color...
*Swoonfest of epic proportions going on!*


And tiny faux Christmas Trees set into great Found Treasures such as Galvanized Buckets, Old Silver Urns and Sweet Antique Porcelain Vessels... and accented with Burlap...


And I've always had an Old Tarnished Silver Fetish... grouped together it looks delightfully decadent...


And it can either have a myriad of uses and purposes... or none at all... I don't even care... I Like it and that's all that matters... *Smiles* 


And this particular Color Palette lately has been speaking to my Soul more than ever... so this Old House has been morphing towards this Palette with splashes of Exotic Jewel Tones... and I'm feeling really comfortable with that...


And Rosary and Bohemian Bling Excess... so very ME... my Mannequin Triplets at Home are often sporting this Look... you would think I'm a Rosary and Bohemian Bling Dealer by the volume of it I possess! *Smiles*


And if I ever have The Man build us a Barn or similar structure on our Acreage... I'd Want some of these Turbine Light Fixtures... so add them to a Future stupidly long Christmas Wish List... *Smiles*


Oh Ranch Barbie... your aesthetic is so similar to mine my Friend... we were definitely cut from the same mold... much to the chagrin of our Menfolk I'm sure... *Winks*


And at Christmastime in particular my fondness for Religious Inspired Collections is even stronger than usual... they are some of my Oldest Collections and my most Beloved...


Is it any wonder that just Window Shopping and capturing the Images through the eye of my lens always gives me a Rush... as I make up that stupidly long Christmas Wish List in my head as I go...


Sure some things don't make it onto The List as Lovely as they might be... they're appreciated and visually a delight but I don't Lust over them and long for them... 


I can walk away in spite of them being Awesome... and without Pouting... or feeling an attachment... *Smiles*


I can even resist most Chandies... I know, hard to believe, but True... *Winks*


And I've even FINALLY gotten to the place where I can resist most Old Mantles... it took YEARS... but unless it's absolutely to die for... it's the rare Mantle that I now Lust after and connive to possess...


I do now own enough Beautiful things that you would think that my Lustfest days were virtually over... and that I'd feel completely and utterly fulfilled to not need or Want another thing... 


But you'd be wrong... dead wrong in fact... *LOL*  I'm not wired like that I guess... and the Thrill of the Hunt is as strong in me as ever...


I'm a Junquer for Life... and strongly connect to my kind... those of you who are fellow Scavengers of Found Treasures... be it for your Homes, your Shops, the Show Circuit, or those of you who are Pickers for the Homes, Shows and Shops of others...


It is an Urge so strong in fact that I don't know that you ever get past it really...


And acquire enough that you'd never been looking for more... whether to own, create from, sell or simply rescue to ensure it's preservation...


And our aesthetic may be peculiar to the masses... when we can see the Value, Possibility, Purpose or Beauty in those things that many fail to see it in...


And our Styling may be outside of the box and intriguing in it's differences...


And I don't know if like me your Christmas Wish Lists get stupidly long?  In actuality and Truth it doesn't even have to be Christmas for my Wish List to remain that way in fact... it's pretty much Manuscript length at ANY time of the year my Friends... *Winks*


And you might wonder... with SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many things making it onto your stupidly long Wish List on this visit to RUST & ROSES did you come away with anything at all?  Well... yes, I did... a little something-something... the glass jar filled with Feathers... and BTW did you notice Princess T's contribution to the Front Kitchen Table Vignette? *LOL*  She thought Grandpa's "Everything Bowl" contents needed a cover-up... and what better Christmas Ornamentation than a Bear dressed as a Frog, right? *Smiles*


That Blue Ostrich Feather was the PERFECT shade to match my Antique Violin Case Velvet interior...


I Heart Ostrich Feathers!!! *Winks*


And that tall Blue Feather was a perfect hue as well...


And with my Feather Fetish there is always a use for whatever other Feathers happened to come in the bunch...


You can be certain none will go to waste... I'll find all kinds of uses and Styling options for them...


I probably have more Feathers than most Birds! *Winks*


And I just Love the way they look tucked in here and there...


And everywhere...


And these really did enhance my Mantle Vignette... you know the one... where I said I was Minimizing and going more Simple this year... and then over time I kept adding... and adding... *LOL*  So much for the Minimal attempt... no Minimalist here!!! *Winks*  What was I thinking?!!!!? *He he he*


And I delighted Princess T by going back and looking for the Letter "L" for her Uncle to be represented in this year's Salvage Memory Christmas Tree... she had been quite upset that we had a Letter for all of the rest of us... but not her Beloved Uncle!!!  Thank Goodness Miss Shelly had an "L"! *Whew*



And I'm joining Debra over at COMMON GROUND for a Christmas Blog Party she's Hosting... so come on over and get Christmas Inspiration Overload my Friends! 


And to make it even more Special she's having a Give-Away of this Lovely Necklace Creation as well that you can enter!!!

Dawn... The Bohemian

 
Top