SWEET SALVAGE completed their move to the new, bigger location for the "Destination Found" Event, which is going on until this Sunday Night... and I'm so Happy for them!  The 2500 additional square feet solved so many problems... it meant much more room to Showcase the Event, the Inventory and the amazing Styling which the Sweet Staff work so very hard to Wow us with... there is much more Parking... it's so much smoother to Serve the Customers in a bigger venue and make for an enjoyable, less crowded Shopping Experience and cover it for Blogdom.  And what an Experience it was my Friends... OUTSTANDING IN FACT!  So without further adue, come along with us to "Destination Found"... and see what Found Treasures caught our eye...  




My Friend Pauline and I both gravitated to this Cap, as Kindred Spirits we have a pattern of adoring the same stuff... alas, it was too small for my big ole' head and so Pauline snagged it since it fit her perfectly and she was totally Rockin' it!




Pauline and I...  in front of one of the areas of Deconstructed, Decrepid, Derelict Styling that we adore so much!!!

  


Always so much Fun to Shop at the places your Friends enjoy too.  I always run into so many of you there... including those I've previously met here in the Land of Blog and get to finally meet face to face at an Event.  I Thank each of you for coming up and introducing yourselves... don't be shy or apologize, it's always a Joy to get to meet Blog Friends and Supporters in person and visit... getting to know each other better!




It was just one of those "Hat Days" where there were so many Interesting, Unique and Stylish Hats that we just HAD to try them on... or get someone else to!   The Sweet Team are always such good Sports at Modeling for us... especially since they know where those Images will end up... in a Blog Post!  *Winks*




And this Post will concentrate primarily on the Vibe and Styling I enjoy most... with the Exotic & Bohemian mixed with Sage & Sepia Deconstructed and Decrepid Treasures... Because, well, Today it's all about ME!  *LOL*   Don't worry... we'll get to you in another Post Installment of the Event, I Promise... hang in there if your Vibe isn't my Vibe!? *Smiles*  Different Styles are coming because the Sweet Team covers a lot of ground when it comes to diverse Styling and Aesthetics all under one roof.  And thats why you can go with your whole Posse... because there's something for everyone.  But now, back to ME and the Spaces I was Enchanted and Captivated by most at the Event... *LOL*




I was in Bohemian Heaven with all of the Persian Rugs, Kilims and Exotic Accents...




And this huge Chandie... to die for... and at that price... I couldn't believe it wasn't already Sold! Alas... the scale was oversized for our low ceiling clearance and would overwhelm any of our small rooms... and if I dragged another enormous Antique Chandie Home I'm afraid The Man would have yet another Stroke... so I resisted... but, oh, it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO difficult!!!  *Insert me Pouting Petulantly!*




Okay... and as if that wasn't enough to try to resist... it's a good thing I don't live alone... because this Deconstructed Fainting Couch was Divine in it's Deconstructed, Decrepid Sage & Sepia splendor!  You might be asking, "How would you utilize such pieces Dawn?"  Well, I would Design and Create some awesome Bohemian Down filled oversized Cushion Pillows out of Old Velvet, Vintage Tapestries & lots of Silk Fringe & Trims & Embellishments for the sitting on and leaning upon and just plop them all over these pieces "As Is"... no re-uphostering, just re-inventing comfort & Style my own way... yes, I'm Eccentric & Quirky, I know it... but that's how I Roll... *LOL*  I am definitely a Morticia Addams Type of Gal... I Love strange stuff... the stuff most peeps cast off and away or fail to appreciate the aesthetic of.




And I was also swooning over the Floating Deconstructed Chairs...




BOTH of them... and yes, if I lived alone I might Float some Stylish Chairs from my Ceilings just because I think it looks way Cool and Interesting... I like to Live Art... Breathe Art... and make my Living Spaces Artful as well as Functional... the only Limitations I have are that the rest of the Bohemian Valhalla Clan don't always share my Quirks and  Eccentricities, though they certainly endure and Lovingly acquience many of mine... so we have some Compromise going on for their sakes... otherwise... this WOULD BE the Addams Family House, my Style and Version of it anyway.  *Winks*




And you very well could see a Chair utilized like this at the Bohemian Valhalla Residence... yes, I actually do have some Functional Chairs that I am temporarily taking out of Function and into an Artistic Vision outside of my Head as Chair Art.  *LOL*




Now if only I could get the Clan on board with just a few Floating Chairs... *Winks*




Then I'd totally have room for a few more guilty indulgences like one or two of these, right?  *LOL*  Yes, there is also Method to my Madness!  *Winks*




See... it could Work!    And check out the Retro Velvet Chair and the Light-Up Vintage Globe...  Globes are really On Trend right now, they're Selling like mad and I know I can't keep my Booth stocked with them very long... and I saw lots of Globes going Home with Happy Customers to their new Found Destinations... including this one!




But I was seeking out Smalls on this Junquing Spree... so I was resisting all of the larger and more expensive Treasures...




Though it was difficult to resist some of the Mid-sized Treasures that are certainly my Style and my Thing... like this Kilim Pillow... *Le Sigh*  Good-Bye Lovely Kilim Pillow... not Today...




And not the great selection of Vintage Suitcases... *Le Sigh*... Good-Bye Old Suitcases... not Today... no, not even that Green Striped One that had my Pulse racing... *Smiles*  And look... yet another great Vintage Globe, in great faded hues... yep, it went out the Door with someone too... the Lady that was right in front of me in fact, so it's a good thing I took this pix quickly as she waited for them to get it down from the rafters!  *LOL*




I liked that Public School Document... Ephemera that is worn, soiled and aged to a great Sepia hue is very appealing to me...




As was this Upcyled Chair which had been woven with new latticework on the Seat to make it Functional again... but with the great worn & Beautifully Aged fabric still on the Back and Arms... and the Lovely Patina of the Old Wood left intact as well.




I really liked these Printing Blocks... especially the Design on each of them... very Boheme'...  I could see making your own Fabric with them... or using them to Stencil a Wall made to look Timeworn with a Color Wash... as if it were Old Wallpaper that had peeled off... don't you just Love Old Walls that show the many layers of Time?  Like the peeling away of an Onion... with randomness the different Eras and Layers are exposed here and there and left to look like Benign Neglect.   



Okay, so you're probably wondering what DID you Buy... you've been telling us what you managed to resist?!?  *Smiles*   Well, one of the Smalls I picked up was one of these fab, totally intact Antique Ration Books!   The one I got is on the top with the Black Flourish Design on the upper lefthand corner... I Love Old Ephemera... and it's easy on the Budget as well as not taking up much Space. 




But I'm only giving you a brief peek at some of my stash throughout this Post, one at a time... so for now we'll just wander and see what else we find Okay?




If you were in the Market for Storage and in particular Old Suitcases and Trunks, this was the Event to Source them...




And I Smiled at this piece of Taxidermy with the "brag" card attached... The Man totally does that when he goes Hunting or Fishing... shouldda picked up at least the "brag" card to attach to one of his Skullies & Trophies!!!  *Winks*  I Love using little Cards like this around our Home too... to send little Messages in my Vignettes.




But I DID 'score' this incredible large Sacred Heart Filigree Tin & Brass piece... Love my Sacred Heart Found Treasures!!!



And one of these pieces of Fork Art made from Vintage Flatware... mine is the 2nd one from the Left...




And in this shot it's the  Middle one...




I almost bought this Cloche... but resisted... not Today... it wasn't on the "List" of Treasured Smalls I was Hunting for... Loved the little Vignette inside though... doesn't anything always look so much more Important and Interesting under Glass?  *Winks*



A Vintage Dress Form and Pair of Chandies that caught my eye...



Lovely...




But don't get too excited... already "SOLD"...  *Smiles*  I swear, some Shoppers move at Warp Speed and faster than Sound and Light because so much was already sporting "SOLD" Signs almost from the moment I walked in the door... so no telling what I never managed to capture through the eye of my lens as it sped out the doors?!  *LOL*  But as the BFF Tina always says, better for it to be already gone and never seen, than sporting a "SOLD" Sign and tormenting and torturing her... or I... or you...  *LOL*  But... at least if I got the Image I feel as though we still have a tiny part of it to Inspire us forevermore... right?  *Winks*  And that's part of the Fun of capturing Events through the eye of the lens...

 


We can't have it all... get to it all first... or maybe even want it or need it all... but we can admire it... be Inspired by it... and see how it was Artfully arranged  & Styled so that we can get some great Ideas and Share them with others.




Letting our Imaginations take Flight and have unlimited access to Events that perhaps we couldn't get to... or got to but failed to see it all, have it all, capture it all... and now here in the Land of Blog we can sit back and Enjoy... be Inspired... have a Flight of Fancy on the Canvas of our Imaginations... and Dream...




Of all the Places we'd still like to go and perhaps are on our 'Bucket Lists' or we've heard about, or seen here in Blogdome... or perhaps we've been and want to go back to again someday...




Either in Person or perhaps only in Dreams, in Images of Magazines, Book and Blogs...




But at least if we know about them we can make out a Future Itinerary... or if we're already Local we can bring Friends and tell others about them...



So that at some point in Time you can get there and see it all for yourselves...



Because though seeing it all from the comfort of your favorite Chair is Fun...



Packing up and being there is more of a Grand Adventure...



And then you can perhaps procure a few coveted pieces for yourselves...



And then it will be a part of your own Story...



BTW... The Man has Promised me an abundance of Pheasant Feathers when he finally digs them out of Storage in his Work Cottage... which he's doing his Great Edit & Purge of 2012 in too... so when I get them I plan to make a Display just like this... since I have an Urn that is similar... and I was Inspired by how this looked...



And another 'score' of mine this Day was this long Persian Rug Remnant... as long as a Runner... and eventually it will end up as some Future Artistic Projects... but for now it's Gracing a long, narrow Hallway here at the Bohemian Valhalla Residence...  LOVE IT!!!



If you adore Old Photos then there was plenty here...



As well as Vintage Flatware and Silverware...



And Industrial Salvage galore...



And Old Hardware...



Vintage and Antique Sconces...



Exotic Elements...



Lots of Storage and Filing Possibilities...



I adored the layered Patina of Old Paint on this Footlocker Trunk... sorry, 'SOLD'!!!





But I did 'score' some of these Old Bingo Cards from the Franciscan Missionaries at The Alverne... the G-Kid Force and I like to Play Bingo with my Old Cards and Tokens... as well as use them as Decor in Vignettes... so I like to find different kinds of Vintage Cards  & Tokens to use.

 

And I totally Bogarted most of these Old Cash Register Metals... gonna make Jewelry out of them... but while they're waiting to be made into Creations... I shall use them in Vignettes much like this... Love little metal Flower Frogs, shouldda picked up some of those too in hindsight... ah, well, there's always next time...




And yeah, there were a few items I picked up and then changed my mind due to budget constraints... had to be discerning about what could work within the framework of budget you know..., so... hadda say Good-Bye to some of those Sepia Numbers... not Today... darn...



And the small sized Doctor Bag had to stay behind too... double darn...



But I like to make a Game of my Hunting, don't you?  Because it is enjoyable and Fun... as it should be... if you get too stressed or disappointed whilst on the Thrill of the Hunt, then perhaps you're doing it all wrong?!? *Winks*  Relax, Calm Down, Slow Down & remember to have a Good Time first... there's nothing out there worth Stroking or having a Coronary or Fit about... it's just stuff after all!  *LOL*  Keep everything in Perspective... we can't take any of this stuff with us when we pass from Time into Eternity anyway, so it's all Temperal... the Eternal Treasures are what Count so it's best to focus on those and make them the Priority in this Life... and everything Temperal is Secondary... and not really all that important in the grand Scheme of things...

 

Though to be sure some of it is really great stuff, huh?  *Winks*  I was being drawn this Day to the Colors Orange & Foilage Green for some reason... always did like those Colors... especially together... Fun, Bold, Cheerful... and yet Organic at the same time.



And there were great pops of Orange and Foilage Green scattered everywhere it seems... or maybe just because my eye was drawn to those Colors this Day so they tended to catch my eye and jump out at me...???  *Winks*



So even if there were just touches of them... that's what I was drawn to... yes, those were yummy Real Fresh Oranges in that Wire Basket!  Don't you just Love the visuals, the smell and taste of Citrus?  I do...



And that Killer Piece of Antique Kitchenware the Oranges were on... *Swooning*



In fact I'd never seen a piece like this before... too bad I have no room in my Kitchens for anymore furniture... *Le Sigh*  And I have two Kitchens at this Old House... plus one in the Carriage House Cottage... so one would think that three Kitchens would be sufficient to Decorate and Style... but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  *LOL... yep, I'm insatiable I am!*



But back to great pieces in Shades of Orange & Green...



See... they were EVERYWHERE I tell you!!!   Loved this Filing Cabinet... but, sorry, 'SOLD'!!!  The Lightening Fast Peeps had apparently gotten there first... I wonder if they have Super Powers???!!!*Smiles*



And these Architectural Victorian Salvage Spindles were the most yummy Shade of Seafoam Green & White Shabby Chippiness!  I had two in my Basket and then put them back when I was Editing the Stash... but I sure did like 'em!




By the end of this 1st Day of the Event only ONE of these gorgeous Persian Rugs remained... so apparently I'm not the only Persian Rug Addict in the Valley!?!  *Winks*



They had so many to choose from...




But except for my Remnant I remained steadfast at just keeping to the Smalls... and watching my Time... it was a very Hot Day and I wasn't in top form... having Fun but not in top form... will be seeing my Chinese Herbalist Doc soon for some Eastern Medicine and Acupuncture so that I'll be back to 100% very soon though...  I can hardly wait... I hate not feeling 100% don't you?




But I was still having Fun making a Game of Finding Treasures at this "Destination Found" Event...




And I really did Find everything I had set out to... so I was Jazzed...




And it didn't bother me at all that I had to leave behind some really great stuff for the rest of you to Find and bring Home to it's new Destination at your House...



Check out this hand-made Stand with a Base made from an Old Box... so Creative...  see, Upcycling is nothing New, they were doing it eons ago too... Necessity is after all the Mother of Invention!



So... come back Tomorrow my Friends for even more of the Event... and we'll see some other Styles... perhaps your favorite one?

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

 
Top