So this year we decided to go with a 'Day Of The Dead' inspired Theme for our Autumn Decor... 


 Princess T isn't freaked out by the Theme and it isn't too Whimsy for Prince R... so a perfect compromise & blend of Horror-Whimsy for Halloween. *Winks*


It lends itself well to my other Collections too and lets face it, those of us who love to Collect Found Treasures enjoy putting as many of them in our vignettes as possible don't we? *LOL*


I found two great 'Day Of The Dead' Printed Fabrics at JO-ANNE'S... I bought all of this print that they had...


And several yards of this print too... LOVE THEM!!!  You know me and my Fabrics... it is a staple decorating element in this Ole' House.


So I dragged all of our faux Pumpkins out of Storage the first day the temps dipped below 100 degrees...


And scattered them all over the front Porch and Mud Room. 


We'll add some of the Real Deal in the way of Heirloom Exotic Style Pumpkins closer to Halloween...


Because we don't want baked Pumpkins in the fierce Arizona Sun *Smiles*...


Temps are back up over 100 now so we must adapt & improvise to get our Autumn Vibe going on here in the Desert. *Winks*


I filled the Candy Dish full of Halloween goodies... which of coarse will be an ongoing process *Smiles*...


Because seriously, entering the Halloween Season without Treats... forget about it... NOT happening! *Winks*


Any excuse to indulge and share is... well... seized at this Ole' House!!! *Winks*


And seized by our wonderful Neighbors next door at the SALVATION ARMY who made up these Treat Buckets for all of the Children in the Neighborhood!


It is a Special Blessing to have Wonderful Godly Neighbors who Invest in their Community and the Dear People in it with Love in Action...


I've Set Gothic Style Candelabras and Candles ablaze everywhere... yeah, as well as being an Incurable Collector I am also an Incurable Pyro! *LOL*


Out came my Beloved Whimsy Tole Painted faux Pumpkins... I LOVE these guys and have had them for many years...


This year I got an assortment of some adorable Halloween inspired Postcards from my Blog Friend Vanessa of A FANCIFUL TWIST ...


She is imaginatively Creative and Talented...


And I was so spoiled for choice in her Collection of wonderful Enchanting Photography that I was relieved she had an Assorted Pack with one of each of my favs!!! *Whew*


And I tucked them in my Halloween placecard holders around the house... and propped them here and there and everywhere... 


And naturally everything is draped with my Bohemian Bling *Smiles*... The Raven also Loves bright shiny things so we're Birds Of A Feather... and we really Blinged him out in Bohemian Style!!!


I just LOVE decorating for the Holidays don't you?


Check out the cool, Boho colorful Fabric Buttons I found for this Skeleton's eyes!


I'm totally smitten by Cloche's covering my vignettes as well... Note To Self: Gotta get MORE Cloches!!! *Winks*
 

Decorating Old Bottles for a Halloween Theme and other Styles of Decorating is a lot of Fun too...


And galvanized Tin is a very versatile decorating accent... 


Loving this Card created by Vanessa...  kinda has an Ouija Board Vibe to it doesn't it?


And of coarse my Velvet Pumpkins... you KNOW how obsessed about them I am! *LOL*


And the glow of the Candlelight casts a delightful eerie Blue-ish hue in the Evenings...


I Love how Candlelight plays tricks like that with ambiance... From Moonlight & Candlelight...


To Daylight...


And I LOVE my newest Velvet Pumpkin acquisitions from the little Tye-Dyed Greenish-Tan one from COTTAGE GARDENS  ...  And...


#1


#2


#3

This great Trio I 'scored' as a Set at ANTIQUE GATHERINGS while on a recent Junquing expedition... *Insert squeal of Delight and me laden with Velvet Pumpkins like a Pumpkin Bandit!*


Yes, I'm always on the lookout for more Velvet Pumpkins to display my Bohemian Brooches & Earrings on! *Winks*


I actually keep these out around the House year-round for displaying my Bohemian Bling... making my Jewelry easily accessible and Beautifully displayed rather than hidden away... 


 I keep meaning to make some of my own out of my stash of Belgian, French & Italian Antique Velvets, but too many Projects & too little time... *Le Sigh*  Plus, housecleaning in preparation to receive Guests and foofing for Holidays sometimes consumes me at the exclusion of everything else! *LOL*


The same with painting some more of my plain faux Pumpkins with Whimsical Tole Faces... those Projects have just been kept on the back burner as I work on commissioned pieces of Art... and just enjoy Special time with Friends & Family... you can have a Peace about putting off some things if your priorities are in Order & Balanced...


So for now I'm content to purchase the fabulous Creations of other Artists whose Work I admire... don't you just Love Vanessa's Holiday Card Collection?!  Go visit her Blog & Etsy Shop to see even more of her Magical World over at A FANCIFUL TWIST and join in on her Fun Blog Parties!!! 


Right now she's got an Open Invitation to participate in the Halloween 2011 Festivities... won't you join us?  There's plenty of time to prepare or just behold, so mark your Calendars my Friends!


The front Porch is decked out at this Ole' House... and I have a creepy story to tell... Yesterday The Man had teased our fat sassy 'Working Cats'... the Bohemian Cat Boys, Morris & Rusty, to quit begging for more kibbles and go out and catch some Wild Doves that are all over our property! 


Well, within an hour guess what we found proudly displayed at the front door waiting for Daddy to praise them on!?! *Gasp! Oh No!!!*  So I had to scold The Man for telling my Boys to commit such an atrocity & just go put more kibbles in the bowl!!! *Winks*  Who says Cats aren't intelligent and don't understand what we're telling them?!?


So I had a talk with the Bohemian Cat Boys about no more carnage & Ghoulish Massacres on the Porch, we'll stick with the faux Bones thank you very much! *Smiles*


I prefer my creepy to be staged and not real! *Smiles*


With lots of soft, glowing Candlelight...


And loads & layers of sumptuous Exotic fabrics...


And Imaginative, Fun Vignettes...


And created or Found Treasures to fit the Season...


And of coarse interesting Books & comfy Pillows... can't live without 'em!!!


And a Warm, Welcoming Entrance to Invite Friends, Neighbors & Family to join us...


To create pure Gypsy Magic & a Fun time for all...


So come on in my Friends and Relax...


Masquerade or indulge in your Favorite Fantasies...


Pull up a Chair and lets Create something Magical and Enchanting together shall we?


And we'll Invite our Friends and even make some new ones on this Journey of Life together...

And do some Fun stuff like giving one of my Skulls some Gilded Dental Work... *Winks*


And we'll swap Great Stories... and share our favorite Haunts... of where to 'score' the very best Treasures...


And after we've worked up quite an appetite...


We'll head to the Back Kitchen & Pantry to pull out an array of tasty Syrups...


These are my two favs, but we have quite an assortment, so you go ahead and choose yours...


And we'll make Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes for Breakfast...


Then later in the day, after we've worked up another hearty appetite... well, we'll heat up the Oven...


And bake a fresh Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Tarte drizzled with Rosemary infused Olive Oil for Lunch, made with ingredients picked fresh from the Garden... these taste fab hot or cold!


And for Dessert, how about some Fresh Fruit Tarts!?


I Love the Colors of Fresh Fruits & it goes well with our Colorful 'Day Of The Dead' Theme don't you think?


Yeah, like I only pick Fresh Fruit Tarts because they LOOK good, right?! *Winks*  But, Beauty is important to me, even in my Foods... you eat with your eyes first my Dear Dad used to always say...


And we'll Inspire each other to Create Beauty all around us...


And Enjoy all the small Pleasures in Life...


And most importantly Sharing them with Others...


In Truth and in Love... in our own Special unique ways...


So that we may meet as Strangers... but go away as Friends...


As a Light into the World around us... 


Which is indeed a Beautifully Created World...


But which can also have it's share of darkness, pain and sorrows...


And it's up to each of us to Write our own Story and make our imprint and mark in the most Positive and Enriching ways possible...


So that the Memories of Us will be those Others cherish... 


And have fond Remembrances of...


Which is why this Theme of Day of the Dead is so appropriate for me. The Mexican Holiday focuses on gatherings of Family and Friends to Pray for and remember Friends and Family Members who have died.

Source: Sugar Skulls via Bing Images... Beautiful Jewelry Creation by Leandra Holder

I have so many Happy Memories of previous Holidays spent with Loved ones who have passed from Time into Eternity... don't you?  And remembering them is always Special and I Believe they are still with us in Spirit...  Our Family is a blend of Cultures and we like to intermingle the Celebrations enjoyed by each & infuse them... 


And isn't that what Celebrating anything is about really... what it means to YOU?


Your core Belief Systems and what you care enough about to Celebrate and acknowledge openly and Share with others.


I do Hope you've enjoyed the Tour of rolling with an Autumn Vibe at the Bohemian Valhalla Residence... and perhaps one day we won't just do it virtually... but more intimately in Person...


Sharing the things we Love and want to experience together...


Ever expanding our Circle Of Friends like ripples in a Pond... outwards...


I do Hope you'll come back again... we've enjoyed having you join us!


And today I joined THE PROJECT QUEEN'S 1st Blog Party for turning the Daunting into the Do-able...  Because believe you me, decorating for Fall in 100+ Degree temps was a Daunting Task I had been putting off, but now that I've tackled it, well, the results were SO worth it!  What daunting task or project have you conquered my Friends?  And if you're still trying to inspire yourself to tackle it, well come on over to the Blog Party and see what has been accomplished by those in the Land Of Blog!


I also got an Invitation to join in for the 1st time on a new Blog Party Hosted by THE TABLESCAPER called SEASONAL SUNDAY... Thank you for extending the Invitation to join you all in this Fun Party full of Inspiration and new sites to be Introduced to!  So head on over there my Friends to behold all the Seasonal Splendor!!!


And I'm joining the SEASONAL SUNDAYS BLOG PARTY over at THE TABLESCAPER once again now that it's October {23rd to be exact} & everyone has decorated for Halloween, this time for a Halloween inspired vibe! Head over there and see all of the Halloween Inspiration & Decor shared!

Dawn... The Bohemian

 
Top