Source: Images2.fanpop.com













Normally I live my Life Colorfully, saturated in fact with the hues of the Rainbow... but right now Black & White fits my mood, I'm feeling rather Goth... rather emotionally drained, depressed, vulnerable & raw... and in a rather dark place due to personal reasons. Several Family Crisis hitting all at once and prolonged pressures.  So I'm feeling tired, worn out and powerless to fix any of it... or offer sufficient comfort, words or Healing to those I Love who are suffering as they go through the Valley that Life sometimes has us go through.  I know that I am Blessed and that I have cast my cares on the Lord to handle, Trusting Him... I've done what I can, He'll do what I can't.  But that does not make the emotional pain and concerns miraculously disappear & so I feel my feelings... and that can be hard and something you want to instinctively avoid... I have to work on that part of it... just FEELING the negative feelings... while standing in Faith and mustering sufficient endurance until I do have that Peace that passes all understanding and the strength to move forward & regain precious Joy.  As a positive person & incurable Optimist it can be difficult for me to deal with negativity, its just so toxic, unpleasant & unlovely isn't it? So I refuse to stay stuck... or wallow too long... I am Hopeful and I do Believe that everything will be okay in the end... and that if it's not okay, then it's not the end.   And right now everything is not okay and that sucks... not knowing how long it won't be okay sucks even more.  But in the meantime I must not turn to things to attempt to feel better... everyone turns to something and for me it would be Retail Therapy *Winks*... and as a responsible person I don't want to be wheels off... Free Spirited under control is okay, reckless or irresponsible is not.  When you make a lot of Sacrifices it can be tempting to want to justify 'rewarding' yourself for all those times you put everything and everyone else first and yourself dead last... that can be dangerous ground and when I'm vulnerable, I'm thankful for my Camera & Batteries from the Dollar Store so that I can share images & not break the budget.  Well, okay, I confess... this month I went over budget and that sucks too... *Insert A Huge Sigh*... the guilt, the shame, the anger at self... the knowing that the consequence means sucking it up during October... one of my favorite Months that has a lot I usually look forward to doing & perhaps won't be doing now... unless I Create more... and lets face it, Creativity is not sparked when I'm in a funk & stalled.  So... until the Cloud lifts I thought I'd just create something Dark and perhaps Darkly Fun in the Land Of Blog... because this is Free and I can do whatever I want here in my little Slice of BlogHeaven... and that's the right price & place right now! *LOL*

So... I was inspired to do a Black & White Halloween Post, there's just something very Vintage about Black & White or Sepia Photos that appeals to me.  And for some reason, when the content of the images is Quirky, Macabre or in the Halloween Spirit, well, it just looks Spookier and more appropriate don't you think?  Imagine if you will some of the Classic Halloween or Spooky/Quirky Shows or Movies that were in Black & White... The Addams Family... The Haunting Of Hill House... the Original Frankenstein or Dracula Movies... even the older Munsters Shows before they went to Color.  Now... if any of those were to be remade in Color I feel that a lot of the appeal might be lost... it certainly was for The Munsters in my opinion... their House just looked creepier and more authentic in Black & White and more like a Prop or Set when it went to Color.  So... it bouyed me to realize some things are better DARK and devoid of Color.

I was curious to envision my House and some of the Shop Vignettes decorated for the Season in a Classic Black & White Imagery... how different, how much creepier, ookier, spookier & Halloweeny would it look I wondered? {I just made that Word up ~ Winks}  Since I'm in the rare Dark Mood how would I embrace the Darkness? *Smiles*  Now, don't get me wrong, my World is absolutely saturated with Color so there are very few things I can totally do in a Colorless format... apparently this Post included *Winks*... because though my intention was to do this as the total Black & White Halloween Post... well... I ALMOST managed it! *LOL*  But those trademark pops of Color kept creeping in... at first to the framing of the B&W images, which did turn out just as I'd envisioned them and I was very pleased... but then, there are just SOME images that I wouldn't do Justice to without their amazing Color, like the huge pile of Ornamental Pumpkins & Gourds... it just didn't seem right to mess with what Nature had made into an absolute perfect Masterpiece of vivid Autumn Colors!   And before I knew it... the Dark Post had actually begun to lift me out of the Darkness and back into the Light... where I belong... because I know that on the inside is exuberance and Creativity waiting to break Free again!  

Hopelessly Colorfully Yours... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top