Really, this Post is not at all about Hair... or Hats in the literal sense... though after taking my Braids out I did somewhat resemble a Love Child between Slash and Leah Desimone from Mob Wives Chicago!  *LOL*  So I did have a bit of Fun capturing that brief Hour that my Hair had any semblance of a curl or wave before it fell Naturally straight as Apache matchwood Hair again.  Frizzy Hair for me is an easy fix since it's Natural tendancy is to be uber straight... I can Thank my Dad's Native American Ancestry for that.  *Winks*  And during the brief time it was out of control curly I can be Thankful I didn't inherit my Mom's kinky curly Hair... Wow, she wasn't kidding that it's a lot more Work to Maintain and Deal with!!!  *Whew*
 
 
 
 
 
So this was a very brief dilemma... and not the one we're REALLY talking about... literally.  This was Fun, Frivolous and obviously Temporary, so I can handle that and have Fun with it and easily laugh at myself while playfully posing at arm's length for the Camera as hilarious Blog Fodder.   But the Bad Hair Days of dealing with Constants that aren't Temporary OR Fun... well, now that takes a lot more Effort and has to be an "On Purpose Occurrance" that I'm Working on constantly.  And the wearing of many Hats figuratively in Real Life, also a particular Challenge since it can be quite exhausting.    Sure... this is a Partial Post and we'll be back to my Birthday Fun Posts by Tomorrow Morning... I "Heart" the "Scheduling" Setting here in the Land of Blog... I can do many Days worth of Posts for the Future all at once when I'm feeling like it and then just let them roll out as Scheduled.   But... sometimes you need those Partial Posts you weren't so Intentional about Posting... because after all... this is a Journey and a Personal Journal as well as being a Welcome Respite and Magical Escape into Enchantment any time we need it too.
 
 
 
 
And so here is the REAL Reason for the Post... I have been Dealing with a succession lately of Bad Hair Days and the wearing of Lots of Different Hats in my Real World and it has taken a Toll that I'm Physically noticing in an Intense way.  I don't like it because I don't feel at all like Myself this way... I have always been a Hyper, Energetic, Get Things Done, Push Through the Challenges, Fun Loving, Optimistic, No Nonsense, Visionary sort of Gal quite Naturally and without much, if any, effort... regardless of Circumstances.  {I have been making a Mental List of those Positive Attributes of Self just for this Post... LOL}   I typically Multi-Task quite easily because it's been a way of Life for as long as I can remember so it's my Norm and a Comfort Zone even during Crisis and Drama... so it's not as if I have never traveled this road before and shouldn't be able to handle it like I usually do. 
 
 
 
{Four Phoenix Style Lion's Urn Feet I just 'Scored' with a Gypsy Trade for with my Friend Dan... I needed this Visual Representation since I'm a Leo and I need to also be a Phoenix... rising successfully from the Ashes}
 
 
  So, I'm just wondering... is my Age catching up with me?  And if so... what then... it's not as if I can turn back the hands of Time to be able to Roll as I've always done in the Past with whatever cards I've been dealt in the Hand of Life!?!  That's kinda scary to contemplate my Friends... not the getting Older part... I can Roll with that because I consider it a Privilege not afforded to many and I'm totally comfortable with growing Old and Thankful that I've had the Gift of Long Life when many haven't.  But I'm talking about the limitations that sometimes accompany that Longer Life... because stuff still must be dealt with and get done some kinda way and I sometimes run out of steam and fortitude, hitting the wall, when there's still plenty that MUST be done!  THAT'S what I'm talking about... scary stuff this is to me... the leaving of things undone or not being able to do what I MUST do... because there is no choice, it's there... and here I am no longer able to just get 'er done some days!!!    And also being faced with MORE TO COME!!!  *Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!*  Am I no longer going to be able to Rise like the Mythical Phoenix from the Ashes anymore when things go to hell?!  Heaven Forbid!!!
 
 
 
{Fab Greek goddess Trophy I just Negotiated a Deal for 'Scoring' with my Friend Myko... Yep... though I'm not Greek, I do need to feel like a goddess again soon... Winks... so another fitting Visual}
 
 
 Yes, The Man's Surgery is looming ever closer and now they're saying his recovery and rehab may take an entire YEAR or MORE and he's still not dealt with the Stroke Recovery from late 2011... so much for 2013... I suspect that could be an even more Challenging year!?  Because it's not just The Man's Health concerns... and I know that... there's a Laundry List of 'Other Stuff' to Deal with too and I'm feeling more than a bit daunted my Friends. 
 
 
 
{'Lil Gator Head I 'Scored' at our Antique Mall's "Dealer Trade Days" while Working Yesterday too...  I'm gonna find a Tiny Tiara for her and put Bling & Pearls hanging out of her mouth!  Yep, even being under the Weather a Gypsy Style Gal still Adores Trading, Wheeling~Dealing & Bartering!  LOL   And hey, the Gator has been a Resilient & Tough Creature in the Evolutionary Cycle... Yep, another Great Visual}
 
 
 Especially since Today I didn't roll out of bed completely until after 3:00 PM since I didn't hafta Work outside the Home... Yes, I said Three in the Afternoon... I was just THAT tired and out of sorts!!!   They kept coming in and peeking at me, the Family... I suppose to see if I was still Alive?!  *Winks*  Doing those little Annoying things to see if getting a rise out of me would Resurrect me!?!  But, nope, I wasn't playing Lazarus Today... couldn't in fact... so I just laid there like the Living Dead... what, was I becoming a Zombie?! 
 
 
 
 
 
 Is this what it feels like Being a Zombie I wondered?!  Poor Zombies... I now have Compassion for them... this really sucks feeling Dead yet Alive... unable to transition to Normal Function for more than a bit before you have to climb back into your resting place like Count Dracula!!  Oh wait, he was a Vampire... and I do stay up mighty late into the Night... so maybe I'm turning into a Vampire and not a Zombie?!   
 
 
    



And Hey, aren't they Immortal, stay Forever Youthful Looking AND they can Fly?!?  Well... maybe things are looking up and there's a Silver Lining to this Cloud after all my Friends?!?  *Winks* 
 
 
 
 
 
And I shall leave you with these Words of Wisdom that always make me Smile and feel Uplifted... even on a Bad Hair Day when I'm wearing lots and lots of Different Crazy Hats because it is so very True:
 
 
The Skin Horse had lived longer in the nursery than any of the others. He was so old that his brown coat was bald in patches and showed the seams underneath, and most of the hairs in his tail had been pulled out to string bead necklaces. He was wise, for he had seen a long succession of mechanical toys arrive to boast and swagger, and by-and-by break their mainsprings and pass away, and he knew that they were only toys, and would never turn into anything else. For nursery magic is very strange and wonderful, and only those playthings that are old and wise and experienced like the Skin Horse understand all about it.
"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?"
"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."
"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.
"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."
"Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."
"I suppose you are real?" said the Rabbit. And then he wished he had not said it, for he thought the Skin Horse might be sensitive.
But the Skin Horse only smiled.  ~ The Velveteen Rabbit
 
Hoping I'll be Vertical longer soon... but Knowing I'm 'Skin Horse Real' regardless... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
 
 

 
Top