Source: SMEEKS Facebook
 
 
 
 
I Love to be taken to Delightful Shops for the first time and for my Birthday my Friend Pamela took me to some of hers that I'd never been to before.   One in particular, SMEEKS, was a Sweet Treat in more ways than one!   Yes, this is an Old Fashioned Candy & Novelty Shop my Friends in the Heart of Downtown Phoenix!   How did I ever miss such a place in all the years I've been Downtown I'll never know!?!   But I'm so glad Pamela surprised me with a visit there because this is a place to definitely take the G-Kid Force, they will LOVE this Sweet little Shop!!!   With hundreds of Candy selections, many of them that I remember from my own Childhood... and an entire wall of Fun Novelties I was captivated from the moment we walked through the door!   The Colors, Decor and Atmosphere are Vibrant and Fun... there's an Old School Style Photo Booth {remember piling into those with all your Friends?}... and the prices start at a mere Nickel for Candies... so it won't break the Bank to take your Family here for a Day of Fun, Treats and a heady dose of Nostalgia!   
 
 
 
 
And now Princess T will probably be Hustling the Hood even more selling Ice Pops for a buck on sweltering Hot Arizona August Days to fund her Candy Cigarette habit!?  *LOL*  Yeah, I recently found out that's why our Ice Pops have been disappearing at an alarming rate, every kid in the Block is getting their Icy Cold 'Fix' from the Ice Princess's Hustle and how she's been funding her sweet 'Faux Viceroy & Lucky Strike Ciggies'!  Which, once she was busted, she's been generously sharing with Gramma since, after all, I'm funding the Ice Pops and who doesn't Love Candy Cigarettes?!   Politically Incorrect I know, but these have been a Kiddie Staple for Generations and we LUVVVVVVVVVVVV 'em!!!  *Smiles*   And don't worry... I had a fierce Candy Ciggie "habit" as a Child and never touched the real thing so I don't buy into that it leads to Chain Smoking later in Life!  *LOL*
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But back to SMEEKS... In fact, there's a row of Sweet little Indie Shops right beside this adorable Shop... so make an Afternoon of it and take your Kids... located at 14 West Camelback Road in Phoenix... (602)279-0538... visit the Facebook Link for more Images and Info.
 
Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

 
Top