Are you ready for a Bohemian Valhalla Christmas?


With prompting from the Family I decided not to break with Tradition and put Christmas up early for the sake of convenience...
Instead I abided by our Tradition of thoroughly enjoying Thanksgiving and the Autumn Vibe right up through Thanksgiving Dinner...


But after the Pies... well... it was now Time... and putting up Christmas became my Mission!


I had 'scored' the last of my Found Treasures for my Christmas Decorating Vision earlier in the week...


Yep, I went back for the Vintage Violin Case, Black Ostrich Feather & Silk Rose Garland at NOT TOO SHABBY...


The Beautiful Old Case was 25% off & aged to perfection, I just couldn't resist!  That Vintage Turquoise Velvet interior was perfect Jeweltone Bohemian splendor!  And the exterior had Beautiful smooth lines to the shape and it was the smaller size I needed for my Mantle Vignette...


And I 'scored' this great pair of Vintage Bottlebrush Trees with miniature Shiny Bright Ornaments aged to a Lovely Sepia Tone at AUDREYS.  I must remember to bring my Camera next time I'm there because the newly Created addition to the Shop has a View to die for of a Desert Mountain Preserve and is exactly the Vision I've had for years to build a Soul Temple Room out of Salvage Doors & Windows... my Heart fairly stood still when I beheld it!  What a fantastic job they did... gotta drag The Man there so he can now see in person what I've been trying to vainly explain as the Vision inside my own Head! *Winks*  


And speaking of Vintage Shiny Bright Ornaments, as I was Goodwill Hunting I snagged some of those too along with a cute Simple Wicker Basket of assorted faux Christmas Greenery... each for only $1 apiece... cha-ching!!!


A great selection of Colors and though some of the lustre came off due to exuberant Store taping of the box *Le Sigh*... they still look amazing for only a buck!!!


And remember that Special Altered Art Bottle Reveal I was teasing you about recently?


While at one of my favorite Shops on 7th Avenue, MELROSE VINTAGE there was this trio of Altered Art Bottles I've been lusting after for quite some time...


And now they were marked 75% off!!!  *Be still my beating Heart!!!*


Well, naturally I was not walking away from such a Deal now was I? *Winks*


These were not only going to be perfect for my Christmas Vignette... but for Vignettes at this Old House year round!!!


And I decided to treat myself to the trio as my Christmas Present to myself!


The Man had been struggling to figure out what the perfect Gifts would be anyway...


And he's probably just as delighted that he now doesn't have to Shop for it himself *Winks*... because trawling my favorite Haunts had struck paydirt for the perfect Christmas Gift for moi! *LOL*


Because though this Bohemian Gal LOVES and LIVES to Shop and enjoy the Thrill of the Hunt and the Art of the Deal... The Man... not so much! *LOL*


I was as Happy as a Clam at High Tide... and the best yet... MELROSE VINTAGE will also be Hosting a Soldering Class in January and they'll be making Altered Art Bottles such as this... which I've always wanted to learn to do both... Soldering... and transforming Vintage Bottles into gorgeous Art with Crystals and Bling!!!  The Man and I have been Collecting Old Bottles in the Desert for Decades... and I can hardly wait to take this Class after the first of the Year!!!


It's great when your Vision starts coming together perfectly as you enjoy the Thrill of the Hunt isn't it?


And surrounded by the wonderful Sights & Smells of Christmas I was jazzed to begin the transformation of this Old House and transition it from Autumn to our Winter Wonderland...


Though it won't be complete for about a week, I'm in no hurry... I got everything I wanted and needed... and gathered it all together after being fueled by a tasty Thanksgiving Dinner.  So... are you ready for a sneak peek into the Bohemian Valhalla Christmas?


We started with deliciously Scented Candles... this one is a Heavenly Spiced Vanilla...


The Basket for a buck... I tucked Antique Glass Doorknobs at the base of the Greenery and then adorned it with a Pocket Watch and Paper Sacred Heart Ornaments...


I typically keep the Coffee Table Vignette Simple because it's used a lot for Buffet eating during the Holidays...


The Less is More philosophy isn't easy for me *Winks* but I must say that after studying Wabi Sabi recently I'm starting to embrace it more... and move in that direction timidly... I'm certain I'll reach a happy balance of just enough... even though my inclination is to be the Queen of Excess! *Winks*


I just wired a Brass Sacred Heart to my Lovely Simple Vintage Wire Vase filled with Fresh Pine Boughs and surrounded it with some of my favorite Spiritual pieces... a couple of Antique Brass European Crucifix and a Bronze Statuary of Jesus.


With Vintage Belgian Velvet underneath of coarse... *Winks*


I nestled a Chalkware Baby Jesus from Mexico in the Ostrich Feather... I Love that He has real eyelashes and glass eyes... so expressive...


Vintage Shiny Bright Garland, Vintage Bottlebrush Trees and some Religious Antique Smalls...


Vintage Prayer Card, Antique Award Trophy with Feathers...


My Altered Art Bottle Collection... Old Salt Shakers filled with Snowy White Glitter... Vintage Alarm Clock... Silk Rose Bouquet... Note To Self: After replacing Thermostat on wall... we forgot to touch up around the new one with paint! *OOooopps... Put that on the To Do List*


Vintage Framed Photo... Twine Ball... Vintage Holy Family... yes, it's all coming together just as I envisioned...


And the Special pieces I didn't envison because I never imagined I'd own them... well, they have made it even more Spectacular!!!


Some Vignettes almost put themselves together as you go Treasure Hunting and discover unexpected pieces that just fit the General Vision...


And Complete it...


And that's what usually happens... since most of my Visions are quite flexible and broad... because I've found that a narrow Vision just doesn't work out as well for me...


So I'll pick out a few key factors like the "Sage & Sepia" and "Jeweltone" Basic Vision I'd decided upon... and then see where that leads me in the way of how it all pulls together in discovering the Treasures that will Create the Vision?!?


Because I Love Delightful Surprises don't you?


And the using of what you have and what you find to transform whatever you're Styling...


And having it develop gradually over a period of time you've set aside to Create the Atmosphere and Vision you're seeking...


I vocalize my Desires and find that the Laws of Attraction work in my favor when I've set out to find that "Something Special" I want or need... these Bottlebrush Trees being a prime example this Season... after seeing some Lovely Bottlebrush Tree Creations here in the Land of Blog I had firmly decided I must have some for this Season... but I wanted Vintage Ones if possible... oh, and they had to have Vintage Shiny Bright Ornament adornment... AND be in the Sage & Sepia Hues... yes, I know, I'm very specific about my Details! *LOL*  But... they turned up just as Desired!!! *High Five*


And you might remember the Post I shared about 'scoring' this Lovely Vintage Holy Family for a song... they were a perfect addition to this Season's Vision in their muted Hues...


And Peacock Feathers ALWAYS fit into any Vision I have... *Winks*


And the gorgeous Peacock Blue Dial of this Vintage Alarm Clock shaped like an Old Pocketwatch was Ideal too... and for only $9, it just doesn't get much better than that!!!


To go with the Nature Theme I'm also thinking of getting some Cotton Branches from the Fields near my House to complete my Vignettes... I Love the way Cotton Plants look and its still grown abundantly in Rural Arizona Farmland...


My Irish Horn Antique Rosary and Ostrich Feathers go together Beautifully too...


And Antique Doorknobs and other Architectural Salvage always look great in a Vignette...


And the Scents of Pine, Spiced Vanilla, Nag Champa... DIVINE!!!


Yes... now it's beginning to look and feel like Christmas around this Old House...


And I got even more accomplished on Thanksgiving Day than I even set out to do!


I laundered my 100+ year old Burlap Feed Sack Bags that an Old Farmer had given The Man and I many years ago... and placed them as a Tree Skirt around the Goodwill Hunting White Christmas Tree I 'scored' this week...


My 1950's Baby Jesus is nestled in His rightful place of Honor under our Tree every year...


In His Straw and Silver Manger...


And within the next few days after Work I shall begin to decorate my Goodwill Tree... I've always wanted a White Tree to Style and I think the Burlap, Old Photos, Old Books, Salvage and Vintage Industrial Ornaments will look grand on it...


I'm joining my Blog Friend Doni over at FAITH, GRACE & CRAFTS for her Thursday Blog Party... come on over and join us and behold her fabulous Collection of Sheet Music, Pearls, Lace and all things Romantically Beautiful!

I Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful too my Friends?

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian 



 
Top