I Hope  you're sitting down and comfortable?


Because today at SWEET SALVAGE'S Event of DECK THE HALLS DECK IT ALL we are entering into the Magical Realm of Vintage Romance!!!!!!!!!!!


And even though I'm an all-in die hard Bohemian Free Spirited, Love of the Exotic, Colorful Soul to my very core...


My Alter Ego is most definitely a Vintage Romantic of the Sage & Sepia Genre as well.


Every so often the two sides of me battle for dominance in Styling and Decor in fact! *Winks*


I really want the best of both Worlds! {Don't we all?! Winks}


So at Christmastime it is the perfect opportunity for me to indulge my Vintage Romantic side.


And Style to suit that Alter Ego part of my Spirit that is drawn to Romance.


And go more Ethereal than Exotic for a Moment in time.


And so today I'm going to bury you in Vintage Romantic Christmas Imagery my Friends.


Including some Lovely new Seasonal MAGNOLIA PEARL attire Styled by my Friend Leslie from FRILLY FROCKS.  Leslie carries the line in her FRILLY FROCKS Boutique just South of the SWEET SALVAGE Shop on 7th Avenue and I was delighted to see some of her Vignettes & Styling in the Event this Month. 


I was absolutely Enchanted by the Vintage Romantic Christmas section of the Event in fact...


It transported me to a Magical place upon the canvas of my Imagination that I go to often in those Dreamy Moments when you're imagining the Ideal...


I was definitely having a Carol Hicks-Bolton Moment with all of the Sage & Sepia Exquisitely Tattered Splendor abounding.


And I saw my favorite Unique Tree Styling of the Season...


With the Imaginative Trees decorated with Burlap, Sepia Vintage Photos, Old Books...


  Vintage Industrial Hardware Aged to perfection... and oversized Letters and Numbers.  The Photos don't do these Trees justice, I was extremely Inspired by the Styling of them.


And what is more Nostalgic Vintage Christmas than Shiny Bright Ornaments?


I'm thinking a mixture of all this on our Tree this Christmas is the Style Direction I will be going...


And what fun it will be for the G-Kids and I to gather up Tree Ornaments from our Stash of Vintage Hardware & Old Industrial Items, Old Books...


 Shiny Bright Antique Ornaments handed down in the Family, Vintage Family Photos, Burlap & Lace... my Creative Juices are overflowing now...


How about yours?  Are you getting there yet with a Vision for this Christmas?


Are you beginning to now seek out the unexpected elements that will make this Christmas Unique and different from previous years?


Perhaps a new Vision for your Holiday Styling?


And Christmas Wrapping?


And the Comforts of Home that will be Inviting and Welcoming to your Holiday Guests?


Items that will ignite your Spiritual connection  and Relationship to the Reason for the Season.


Uplifting you like the Wings of Angels.


And suspending Time for a Moment as you revel in the luxuriousness of your Holiday Settings.


Surrounded by the Sounds of Christmas.


The delightful Aromas of Christmas... fresh Pine, Cinnamon & Spices, Peppermint, Hot Apple Cider, Frankincense & Myrrh... or whatever other Smells of Christmas that are Unique to your personal experience of the Holidays.


And here's my Inspiration Piece that I indulged myself with from the SWEET SALVAGE Vault of carefully Sourced & Styled Treasures.  A large Apocathary Jar full of Lovely Pearls, a small Vintage Diner Pitcher and adorned with a Vintage Pocket Watch and Satin Ribbons. *Swoon*  I ADORED the Romantic layered Tea Stained ruffled Lace Curtains behind it, but alas, they weren't for Sale. *Insert petulant Pout!*


I'm always on the lookout for that one Inspiration Piece that I will build a Creation or Styling upon... and once I've found it, I can Create my own Spin on the Vision... one I've concocted on the canvas of my Imagination and bring it from an Idea and Concept into Form & Function.


Have you discovered your Inspiration Piece this Season my Friends?


There's still Time if you haven't.


And if you have we'll be delighted if you Share it.


Because you never know who YOU might Inspire!?


And isn't that the Beauty of the Land Of Blog... the Sharing... the Generosity of Inspiration, Ideas and Shared Vision!?


The many Talented Blog Friends who Create... who Inspire... who Invite us into their World via their Blogs, their Homes, their Passions, their Travels and Businesses. 


And from the privacy of our Homes, our Laptops or our Mobile Phones with Internet capabilities we can visit each other as often as we desire.


And Share all that this Christmas will be about for us...


What Shopping & Junquing Adventures we'll go on during the Holiday Season...


What items caught our eye or sparked our Imagination and Creative Vision...


Appealing to our Styling Sensibilities...


Our Fashion Sensibilities...


Our quirks...


And Traditions...


Things that have always made us feel a sense of Comfort and Home...


Or new Ideas and Styles we might be willing to explore...


Items we might be Lusting after...


Dreaming of having...


Or perhaps recently acquiring...


Sharing our favorite Places and Special Haunts...


Introducing you to our favorite Stylists, Shop Owners, Artists, Family and Friends...


Taking you along on our Virtual Tours... as if you were there with us...


And maybe even bumping into each other at one of these Events one day! {Which is ALWAYS a Thrill!}


Because though the Holidays are Special for a variety of important reasons...


Fellowship is among my most favorite parts of the Holidays...


Its usually the time of year people take more Time for each other and expressing their appreciation of and for each other.


For exchanging heartfelt Gifts...


And quality Time together doing those things that are the stuff Memories are made of.


Surrounding ourselves with Images that will enhance those Memories in Special ways.


Doing the things that delight us.


And having Goodwill towards our fellow Men {and Women}...


Reflecting upon those things that are most important to us.


And for those of us of the Faith, Honoring our Lord and Savior in this most Holy of Seasons.


And His Blessed Mother...


Yes, I really do enjoy this Time of year tremendously.


And sometimes I'm saddened by those who get too caught up in the hustle and bustle and forget to take the Time to Enjoy it and reflect upon what it Truly means.


Yes, I'm saddened when I hear the complaining, sense the irritability and frustrations of those who are in such a frenzy for the acquisition part of the Holidays... almost as if it were a chore rather than a Joy of the Cheerful Giver that Delights our Lord... that there is no longer Joy in it for them.


They may lament that they just wish it would hurry up and be over...


They get cranky and perhaps even rude while out doing their Shopping... and their anxiety and stress levels are elevated... it makes me want to walk up and give them a Hug!!! 


Advise them from a place of Love to slow down, breathe, relax, get back to Center and a place of Calm & Consideration for others... and take themselves back to that Magical place in their Spirit where the Joy of the Lord returns and reconnects them to a Source that makes it so much more than a Holiday... but a Holy Day. 


Where the Fruits of the Spirit are abundant and evident in everything they say and do...


And the Great Love of God is revealed and extended outwards to others...  


Loving our Neighbors as ourselves... which is a Commandment of the Faithful...


And Who ARE our Neighbors?


Why, EVERYONE of coarse...


Because that is Who Christ came to redeem...


To Embrace...


To Show God's Great Love for us ALL!!!


And that certainly is something to Rejoice of and be exceedingly Joyful about!!!


I know that I could never Hope to repay Him for that Great Gift of Redemption...


Of Sacrificial Love...


And the Good News is that I don't have to... He has already done it ALL on my behalf!!!


And on YOUR behalf too my Friends...


And it is what WE DO with that Priceless Gift that makes all of the difference...


Not just in this most Holy of Seasons... but every day...


Every Beautiful Day that the Lord has given us on this side of Time and Eternity...


To make our mark... to make a difference... to Love and Comfort and spread this Good News to the far corners of all of the Earth...


And when we are Called Home... beyond the Veil... it is the Hope of the Faithful that He will say, "Well done my Good and Faithful Servant!!!"

Merry Christmas my Friends... Dawn... The Bohemian

 
Top