One of the fringe benefits of the changing of the Seasons is how many people get rid of and donate the previous Seasonal decor and items in preparation for the next Season. Pastels and Spring or Summer colors and florals give way to deep rich Autumn hues and the Whites and cool hues of Winter.


I change out my colors and decor for each Season as well... but being the hoarder of beautiful things that I am, I tend to store Seasonal items and just rotate them in and out of our Home as the Seasons change. *wink* So, it is with great delight that I hit the Thrifts, Tag Sales and Flea Markets to score the previous Seasonal Treasures that others are discarding with reckless abandon! This week I'm awash in Silk Lavender... after scoring an insane amount of lovely faux Lavender bunches with original price tags still attached, for a pittance... surely donated by a Store that was rotating Summer stock out for Autumn florals in preparation for Halloween and Thanksgiving decorating. I was in faux Lavender Nirvana as I scooped it all up and liberally spread it about the house. We have sufficient real Lavender sachets and dried bunches to permeate the air with the heady aroma of the real deal and I just adore the look of Lavender... in any Season... as I decorate for Fall this month I'll mingle it with the Rusts, Golds and Browns of Autumn with no inhibition. Surrounded by my sea of real and silk Lavenders I feel as though I could be in Provence... at least in my imagination... and that's not such a bad place to be at any Season wouldn't you agree? *smiles*... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top