When I need quiet reflection and inspiration I tend to gravitate to Nature and being in the great outdoors. A stroll in a Garden or a hike in the Mountains always calms my Spirit, softens my outlook, quiets my thoughts and brings me back to Center. Flowers are Sunshine, Food and Medicine to the Soul. When I see the resilient and yet seemingly delicate Flowers and Fauna of the harsh Desert it reminds me that though circumstances can sometimes be tough and difficult, we can still bloom where we're planted, maintain and display beauty in even the most difficult and harsh of environments and even thrive where it defies logic that anything could or should.

Even in decorating style I like to bring some of the outside in... weathered Garden Furniture and Urns, Garden Art and Stone Sculptures meant for exterior decor, and all types of potted plants are both in and outside of our Home, blurring the distinction between inside and outside. One day I would like to put a European style Conservatory as an addition to this ole House and move my Studio from one of the Cottages into a space where I can see the outside from the inside at every angle... which would enhance being in a reflective mood all the more as I work on my Art and receive inspiration constantly from the beauty and colors of Nature. We are truly surrounded by a Masterpiece created by the Master Creator and so it is no wonder that it can provide such inspiration and Joy just being in the presence of such magnificence. May you have this day the time for quiet reflections and abundant inspiration... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top