I can hardly wait for the October/November issue of a favorite Magazine "Where Women Create" because one of my favorite Designers, Robin Brown of Magnolia Pearl, will be profiled in this Fall issue. It's always an inspiring Magazine, especially for Artists and those who love Art in all it's various forms. I love looking into the Studio and Work Spaces of all the amazing Women profiled and I'm quite certain Robin's Space is going to be over-the-top amazing... just like her work and her Home are. If you've never experienced MP Style it is the essence of Bohemian Gypsy Chic and the workmanship is beyond magnificent.... layering of beauty upon beauty is her trademark style. I've been collecting her Carpet Bags and Bloomers for years and it has been an investment I have never regret as I use them daily and never tire of their beauty and the way they make you feel... beautiful in a non-pretentious way. She was definitely an inspiration for me to move into creating fabric Art of my own to protect my MP Bags from excessive use, utilize my vast collection of vintage fabrics and Bohemian Bling, and gift Family and Friends who adored my MP pieces with their own Carpet Bags hand-stitched by yours truly. It is also a successful way for my Daughters and Grand-Daughters to inherit my Antique Bohemian Jewelry in a way that they will appreciate and enjoy on the bags I create. Oddly enough my grown Son and his guy Friends have appreciated the beauty as much as the gals, young and old alike... and I often get compliments from Men in public on my bags and of coarse my MP bags and clothes... so the Art form transcends gender and generational gaps because it really is pleasing to the eyes of both sexes and those of ALL ages. The shimmering sheen you see on the vintage Velvet Bloomers photographed really shines and catches the light that way all of the time and the feel... like butter!!! *Some photos are of my private collection... others are cribbed from the Magnolia Pearl site and La Belle Epoque site*
One day I would like to "Magnolia Pearlize" several pieces of furniture and a vintage Vardo or Airstream so that I can enjoy the sumptuous settings like Robin has created in her own Home and traveling Home-Away-From-Home... if you've never read her Book A Bit Of Velvet And A Dash Of Lace you should pick up a copy, the eye candy is amazing and Robin shares several projects and tips to create your own MP look at Home... from Victorian Tin Switchplates, to making Lace Lampshades and Tea Staining Fabrics and Lace. Her life and story is as fascinating as her style and Collections... a true Treasure in the flesh and I simply can't wait to see the photos of her work space and interview coming up in a Magazine that I also thoroughly enjoy each time it is produced... the folks at Stampington Publications just keep wowing us with their fab array of Artistic Magazines... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top