Doesn't dining Alfresco always taste better? That's why I love Autumn in the Desert, it becomes a splendid climate for having Brunch amidst the Autumn splendor in the Garden, having a Picnic in the Park or up in the Mountains surrounding Phoenix. This morning I opted for Brunch in the Garden... I had picked up some fresh Herbs and Mixed Greens, Roma Tomatoes, Crumbled Greek Feta, Broccoli Florettes, Baby Carrots, Cucumbers and Strawberries at the Farmer's Market yesterday... and drizzled with Berry Delight Salad Dressing... HEAVENLY!!! Sitting there amidst Autumn splendor enjoying a sumptuous meal really is a treat. I'd already polished off the hunk of Creamy Brie last night with tiny Black Corinth Table Grapes and Wine. *wink* I HAD to, so that I could have any of the adorable, delicious miniature delights before the Grandkids descended upon and devoured the favored 'Raisin' Grapes like a pack of ravenous wolves... at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. *smiles*
By Fall our Garden starts to take off... the Ivy and Vines creep into the most unusual of places... the Bulbs burst forth from their dormant state and Flower... all of the Native Autumn blooming plants show out in their magnificent Glory and the Desert comes alive after having endured the harsh Summer months. I even spotted the elusive Desert Tortoise yesterday, only the second time in two years to catch a glimpse of such an elusive and rare species... darn I didn't have my camera to capture the special moment as he mozied across my path at the Gardens! He was quite unaffected by our presence and only barely acknowledged us as he plodded across the path and into the Prickly Pear Cacti haven he was headed for... and then he was gone... perhaps for another couple of years until he decides to emerge again.
Now I know many of you are getting ready to hunker down for inclement weather in less temperate climates... but don't despise our glorious Autumns and Winters here in the Desert... after all, we've just endured our less enjoyable Season when the temperatures often soar above 110 degrees for months and the Snowbirds flock back to their Home States for the Summer to enjoy a less sweltering existence *smiles*... but they'll be back, right around this time of year actually... because not much compares to Autumn and Winter in the Desert... and I'm loving it... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top