It was time... actually it was beyond time... to start sprucing up the ole Homestead... or at the very least the front Porch! *wink* I love Gardening and working in the yard, but when it's the most hot and humid time of a fierce Arizona Summer, and you're maintaining an acre of Garden and yard, I must confess that I procrastinate and let things slide. *gasp* Yes, it's true, I had done the bare minimum as temperatures soared this Summer... just enough to keep everything alive... well, most things *le sigh*... and it was bothering me that my beloved property was not up to par.

So I hatched out a plan... I would start late in the evening, when it was cooler, and work very early in the Morning too after getting the Grandkids to School... and get it done. I decided I could not look at the whole task or I'd be completely overwhelmed, I would take it in small installments... starting with the front Porch area. I'd brew some iced or hot Tea, make delightful plates of small snacks, put on some soothing Music and make the projects as enjoyable as possible so that it wouldn't seem so much like work. If something doesn't seem so much like work I can have Joy in the doing of it. *smiles*

I moved everything off the Porch, hosed it all off and repotted all of the plants with fresh soil and fertilizer. I trimmed all of the plants that had become too overgrown and laid to rest those that hadn't made it through the long hot Summer. I put new linens, faux and fresh potted Flowers about... it was coming together quite nicely and I'm gaining momentum and a sense of accomplishment. It is quite peaceful and serene working late at night... I had always worked Night Shifts in the Corporate World so I prefer doing my work when others might be resting and leaving me be to do what I need to do without distractions. With the absence of intense heat I had more strength and stamina so I could get more done without dropping dead. *LOL*

I also had an audience... namely my Male Kitten, Rusty, who is getting to be a fine young Tomcat and yet still with the playfulness of a Kitten in him. He proceeded to steal my Grapes... caught in the act and documented on film he'll have to cop a guilty plea now *wink*... who knew that Cats like Grapes? He's like my Shadow this little man... always curious to know what I'm up to... too bad he can't help or I'd surely put him to work. *smiles* I did put the Grand-Daughter to work on the weekend, she is still at the age she likes to 'help'... I make good use of that short Season. She has developed an intense interest in the outdoors and Gardening so she makes a great sidekick, a chip off the ole' block and we have a grand time together beautifying our outdoor areas.

There is still much to do... and many long Nights and early Mornings left before it's complete... but the process has been more enjoyable than I imagined it would be... so I really don't know why I put it off so long or didn't hatch my Plan earlier? To whom much is given, much is required... and we've been given much, truly Blessed, and having a thankful Heart while caring for it all turns work into happy little projects... may all your work turn into happy little projects too my Friends... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top