I don't know if anyone else does this too, but I can be totally distracted by Movie Props, so much so that I have to watch some movies more than once just to actually pay attention to the Movie and not the background so much! *smiles*  I have often even been inspired by a decorating style, Prop or fashion of a Movie set and emulated it.  Finding images to crib from Bing to document this fixation proved to be more difficult than I thought, alas not every movie I adored the Props of has a still of that scene. But if you ever watch the Movie you might now see what I'm talking about... such as Mira Sorvino's Bohemian Chic apartment decor and fashion style in "Replacement Killers".  But I did manage to find a few classic examples of stills of great Movies that have decor or scenery that just totally distracted and mezmerized me and I was fixated on the background as much as enjoying the Movie, great Actors and acting.  Like the amazing Staircase from "Streetcar Named Desire" and even though Brando was certainly enough eye-candy and put forth a mezmerizing performance, I was still often distracted by the background props!  Or how about that fabulous Victorian Mansion in the movie "Giant"... even though James Dean was also enough eye-candy and an iconic Actor too... I still found myself oogling at that desolate old Mansion in the background... which I believe lies somewhere out in a field in Texas in the middle of nowhere?  There's those opulent Chandeliers in "Breakfast At Tiffany's" that my eyes fixate upon even though Audrey Hepburn's classic style is also to die-for!   And the entire Loft Apartment of Jennifer Beal's in "Flashdance" is the epitome of Bohemian Chic... and yes, I do remember wearing my sweatshirts draped off one shoulder during that era like a Jennifer-Wannabe! *wink*  The whole darn Mansion was a distraction in "Gone With The Wind", Clark Gable was dreamy... but that House OMG! *smiles*  And let us not forget that eclecticly creepy old Mansion "The Munsters" lived in... even as a small child I was mezmerized by that place and "The Addams Family" abode!   And the ridiculously extravagant Bathroom and Tub in "Scarface"... well, it would certainly be a welcome distraction for the Grandkids to have a tubbie in THAT as Gramma preened in the area Michelle Pfieffer is sitting off in... so move over Al Pacino and Michelle Pfieffer, we're moving in! *smiles*  



Yes my Friends I tend to be a Prop Junkie... and even when I'm enjoying the best of Movies, I still catch myself distracted by those that have Props and Scenery that take my breath away.  I will even go so far as to endure watching a fairly bad Movie... okay, maybe even a boring or awful one...  just to soak in the good Props and Scenery it might have! *LOL*  Especially those really old Movies and Shows that have the amazing decor and styles of eras I adore and see how it looked in the era it was 'current' and fashionable.  If there are fellow Prop Junkies out there, what are some of your fav backgrounds in Movies and Shows that were a total distraction or inspiration?  I'd like to think I'm not the only one with this particular fixation *smiles* ... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top