Who else loves old China? I've been collecting mismatched orphans of it for ages, it's an inexpensive way to make a fairly oppulent impact when they're grouped together. I'm fond of Rose patterns and Romantic Scenes so they dominate my China landscape... but I'm not opposed to adding other beautiful pieces that catch my eye and make my Heart skip a beat. I have inherited some pieces, which have sentimental value since they have been passed down for generations within the Family... even if the set is no longer complete due to the ravages of time and mishaps, I don't mind... they can join my other orphans that are no longer a part of a matched set... and fit right in. So many of the European pieces are hand painted, what amazing Artists have graced these pieces, small masterpieces that could hold their own in any Gallery. Painting China and Porcelain is slowly becoming a dying Art in our mass produced World, I'm grateful for those Artists that have kept this precious Art form alive with their work and amazing talent.



The painting of fabulous Florals and Roses in particular, on any medium is a talent I'm left in awe of... Christie Repasy and Paul de Longpre being among some of my favorite Artists... their yard long prints, often framed by Salvage Victorian Tin and distressed Salvage Wooden frames and Architectural Salvage elements are to die for!!! One day when I have several hundred dollars just sitting around *wink* I shall have to own one of their pieces! *LOL* Well... it could happen... if those Lottery numbers line up just right... *smiles* In the meantime I'll be content with my Thrift Store and Tag Sale orphaned bargains to delight my eye and grace our Home with their timeless fabulousness... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top