During difficult times I have a tendency to throw myself into my Work...


Whatever it may be at the moment...


Years ago it used to be Corporate Careers...


Right now it tends to be my Art and Creating Bohemian Treasures...


Art Therapy...


And though I really miss the set-up and atmosphere of my Studio Cottage...


Which The Son and his Room-Mate Q now occupy...


I carve out Space to Create in the Main House now...


And surround myself with Cluttered Comfort... Items of Sentiment... Found Treasures...


Items that assist me in the Creative Process... And discreetly Store my Supplies...


The Mannequin Twins, Yazmin & Yashyme, have moved into that Space to keep me company as I work...


And lovely Vintage Spiritual items that feed the Spirit...


And remind me of my Childhood...


There are times when I feel as though I have too much lovely stuff...


And I feel the need to edit and purge some of it... and in extreme instances more than some of it...

               

But during times of Stress, Crisis, Pain, Challenges & Issues Of Life...


I'm reminded that my Cluttered Comfort actually soothes my Soul and is quite comforting...


And sometimes I need that...


And the simple Joy that being surrounded by things I Love and enjoy brings, especially during difficult times...


And the atmosphere it creates that is distinctly ME... my Tastes, my Style, my Story...


And though maintaining it all is a particular challenge as the years progress... and so there is often embarrassing dust and not enough time in the day to keep everything in order all of the time...


I'm glad for the comfort, the inspiration, the creativity it sparks...


How no matter what might be unfolding in the way of circumstances and things beyond my control...


There is that semi-controlled environment where I can find my Peace... stay Centered... Balanced... Content... within the Comfort of my Home...


And lose myself in Art Therapy amid Cluttered Comfort when I need to... or want to...
for whatever reason... and for however long it might take to 'go through' what might come at you on this Journey of Life and Cope... as best you can...

Dawn... The Bohemian

"The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears."-- John Vance Cheney

"Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and griefs which we endure help us in our marching onward."-- Henry Ford

"I found out that the things that hurt us the most can become the fuel and the catalyst that propel us toward our destiny. It will either make you bitter or it will make you better."-- T.D. Jakes


"Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go."-- Herman Hesse
 
Top