I definitely have a thing for old Keys, I collect those that I find that look interesting, unusual or have lovely design elements. I like to string them on old ribbon and hang them around our Home and my Studio as decoration. I enjoy making altered Art Jewelry with them or hanging them from one of the Carpet Bags I design and make. They are still one of those collectibles that you can acquire quite reasonably, find abundantly, or discover discarded and forgotten and just looking for an appreciative eye, a new Purpose and a good Home.

I always imagine what they opened and allowed access to? Was it an ornate old door leading to a Victorian Mansion? A fabulous Wrought Iron Gate leading to a secret Garden? Did it wind up an old Clock... perhaps a majestic Grandfather Clock? Did it open an old Jewelry Box or perhaps a lovely Antique Cupboard? Was it an old Hotel or Motel key that many a weary Traveler had used at the end of a long journey or while on an exciting vacation? Was it an old Jailer's Key that locked up some of the Infamous in History? Was it designed with no such Purpose at all... not meant for opening or locking up anything... just meant to be a lovely wearable piece of Art in the disguise of something as functional and practical as a humble Key? I found such a Key while Thrifting... quite large with an oval Topaz and a little bit of Rhinestone bling... some now missing... and a pin on the back making it a Brooch... I had to have it of coarse! For now it shall remain as it is... but sometime in the future... well, it could very likely become something else... as my imagination takes me... and it will now unlock the imaginative wanderings of my mind and Spirit... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top