It was "Dollar Day" at 'Goodwill' today... and I'll let you in on a strategic tactic of mine, if you promise to tell no-one *LOL*... I don't go there THAT day for the items that might be scored for a buck. *Gasp* You see, my strategy is that 99.9% of those hitting the store that day ARE looking for the Dollar 'score' so their focus is on those items with the magical colored "Dollar Today" tags. Today it happened to be Purple at our 'Goodwill'... so there were all these fellow Treasure Hunters, Junquers and Gatherers with their Purple Tag Radar scanning the store. One thing I've discovered over the years is that if you have tunnel vision, you often miss out on what is peripheral to the sides of what your focus is upon. When you've got your Treasure Hunting Radar fixated on just ONE thing it can exclude just about everything else. Today everyone else's radar was dialed in to Purple... and I was counting on it.

The very best 'scores' I have often had have been on those Sale days where my 'score' was not on "Sale" but had been overlooked by everyone else because it was NOT the marked down item of the day and therefore it became invisible to them... in spite of the Treasure and bargain that it still was! I'm often amazed at the heirloom quality items found at Flea Markets and Thrift Stores... probably someone's Nanna passed from time into eternity and the heirs didn't have a clue... or didn't care... for the inheritance she left behind to them? But I'll scoop someone else's discarded Treasures up in a heartbeat... be still my beating Heart when I 'score' such a find!!! Today was such a day for me as I entered the 'Goodwill' on a speed shopping forray of a mere 15 minutes before I had to pick the wee one up from her Class. There it was, upside down in the Jewelry Case... so the beauty of it hidden from less scrupulous eyes... but being a Bohemian Bling Babe for many years *wink* my Bohemian Bling Radar can go off at most any angle of a piece and zeroed in on this immediately!!! Pulse started racing even before the Clerk brought out the tray and I turned it over... and once I did... well... Bohemian Valhalla... Large oval Amethyst stone surrounded by tinier round Amethyst stones in typically ornate over-the-top Bohemian metalwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the price my Friends... only $5.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No... it wasn't a buck... and that's why nobody noticed it you see... but for a few Dollars more it was my Prize of the day... a very good day I might add... of Gardening, long walks in the Park and Junquing for Found Treasures and scoring some more beloved Bohemian Bling... Dawn ... The Bohemian
 
Top