Yes... two Posts in one day... but you'll understand why by the end of this Post... I need Blog Therapy even more than I needed Grief Therapy after what happened in the wee hours of this Memorial Day Morn... 
We're still continuing my Grief Therapy Tour through NOT TOO SHABBY and we'll be remaining there for the next few Posts as I share more Salvaged items sourced with care. 

I was so captivated by this particular Style of Decor and Theme that I spent a great deal of time photographing this room of the Shop.  I pondered why this Style is drawing me like a Moth to a flame and I realized that it reminds me of walking into an abandoned building or room... perhaps of a Commercial Building or Old Home... that has been shut up for decades... as if Time has stood still and everything is as it was all those years ago in that particular Era... and now you're the first person beholding it again after the long absence of human habitation.  You see, I'm one of those Junquers and Scavengers that is thrilled at the prospect of entering an old abandoned place and discovering what it still holds waiting all those years to be discovered!  It magnifies and intensifies the Thrill Of The Hunt for me x 1000!  I enjoy being transported back in Time through a portal where Time has stood still after a long abandonment and rediscovery surrounds you and you can imagine all the Stories and History behind the scene and each piece... the folks that might have owned or used it all in it's day... and why they suddenly left it all behind?

Kim and Katie are Masterful at recreating those types of images, scenes and vignettes with the Found Treasures of this Style. Artfully arranging it as if you're entering one of those old abandoned sites and discovering the objects left behind and waiting just for you to discover and capturing the very essence of such a vision.  Which is why I could wander through their Shop for HOURS... and did this particular grief stricken day... as each new room and section of the Shop is dedicated to a different Style and Theme so you can visit many different 'Worlds of Decor' all in one stop... from Shabby Chic... to Hollywood & Shabby Glam... to Industrial & Salvage Style... to Junk Style... Garden Style... Architectural Salvage... French Country... Retro & Vintage Style... it's all there under one roof... just waiting for you to peruse and 'score' for your own Special spaces... so come back tomorrow and over the next few days to behold and enjoy even more at NOT TOO SHABBY in Phoenix...

Dawn... The Bohemian

*And on a very upsetting Note, my original intention to Post a Memorial Day Tribute with Photos I Hoped to take from a Historic Cemetary was sidelined when we were Burglarized in the wee hours of this Memorial Day Morning and I had to spend most of the day filing Police and Insurance Reports, cleaning up the ransacked mess and re-securing our Property!!! *Le Sigh*  For any of you who have experienced this type of violation you will appreciate the range of emotions that comes with this type of crime... and the fact that not everything is replaceable and your sense of Security and Privacy is totally violated.  So this was not the wonderful Memorial Day weekend I had planned out... what with Rat Boy's passing and now this... but Life goes on... and so shall we... and my Beautiful Distractions and the Land Of Blog soften the blows Life sometimes throws at us...*

 
Top