I was thinking about some of the Styles I like but have never decorated with... it's interesting really.  I have always loved the Retro Diner look in a Kitchen, yet have never actually decorated my Kitchen in that Style... why... I don't know?!?  The bright Crayola colors are cheerful and I remember growing up in Kitchens of that Period and Style so it brings back many fond memories.  My Mom's Retro Kitchens were typically Lemon Yellow, Snowy White and Shiny Black with lots of Chrome... and Formica Tabletops saturated with Glitter embedded in it and thick Oilcloth or Vinyl Upholstery that had Glitter in them...


...Sparkle apparently was big back in the day *LOL*, I remember even old cement sidewalks had sparkly Mica embedded in it so that it glistened in the sunlight ... and the Checkerboard Black and White Linoleum floors.... CLASSIC!!!  I've always liked the Bright Cherry Red, White and Black combo for a Retro Kitchen too... or the Jadeite Green and White of the 30's... or the Cotton Candy Pink and White of the 50's.  

Now, I have collected Retro Kitchenware such as the Fire King White, Pink and coveted Jadeite Green...





... the Pink Stetson Melmac, which is still indestructible and perfect for those with young Families...


... the Vintage Kitchen Tools with the Bakelite or Painted Wooden Handles...



... Some Green Vaseline Depression Glass that glows under a Black Light...


... Milk Glass...





... Syracuse, Shenango, McNicol & Buffalo Diner Ware... I LOVE Diner Ware and use it daily...




... In fact Retro Kitchen Linens, brightly decorated Tablecloths in particular from the 30's-50's, are my greatest weakness and largest Collection... I need Vintage Tablecloth Intervention and Therapy *LOL* ...



 But I have never fully decorated a Kitchen in a Retro "Theme" even though I am always drawn to that look in a Kitchen that is totally tricked out in Retro Splendor!!!  

I even bought a complete set of lovely ornate White Iron Ice-Cream Parlour Chairs and never got around to reupholstering them for use or a specific decorating Purpose... so still they sit in the Chair Graveyard on our acreage, the White Satin Brocade upholstery they once sported now in tatters or completely missing, yes, sad, very sad, disgraceful in fact *blushing*...  And every time I see some in a Shop I think that I should probably get around to "THAT Project" *winks*...



What Style(s) do you like but have never decorated with my Friends?  Have you ever thought about it or why?  It is certainly a Mystery... how you can totally be enamored with a certain look and yet never quite get around to decorating any room of the Home in that Style... perhaps one day...

But until then I shall remain Retro Kitchenless *LOL*... Dawn... The Bohemian 

I'm linking up with Debra over at FADED CHARM for the 99th White Wednesday Blog Party... I'm showing off my Milk Glass... what Whites will you be showing off?!?


 
Top