The Man and The Son each gave me money for Mother's Day so that I could do my fav thing... hunting for Found Treasures!!! Which is a Gift in and of itself as far as I'm concerned.

In another Post I shall show you the 'process' and take you Treasure Hunting with me to behold all the Treasures that were left behind... but I can barely contain my excitement to show you the 'Scores' first in this Post! *Winks*

The Man had discovered an Antique Carpetbag at ANTIQUE GATHERINGS when we went window shopping there just before he left for Alaska... I had Modeled it and lusted after it, but at the time it wasn't in the budget and so I'd had to leave it behind...


The Real Deal of Mary Poppins Style Carpetbags of almost a century ago is a rare find... and this one, for the age, was in excellent condition. The colors of the carpet were divine and the leather was still supple and well maintained... the interior a lovely old Ticking fabric... this will be a wonderful prototype to model modern versions of Carpetbag Suitcase Totes after, with a Gypsy twist... I can hardly wait!!!

The moment I got my Mother's Day Cash I headed straight for the Antique Mall... hoping it might still be available??!  Thankfully it was buried in it's booth just waiting on me!!! *whew*

And over at RUST & ROSES I added to my French Feedsack Pillows with this lovely Red & White piece... 




A peek inside the cavernous interior... you could put several changes of clothing in here...


...and a charming little galvanized pail with enamel tag to put the G-Kids Mother's Day Daisies into...


And then it was off to troll the Thrift Stores... and look what I 'scored' there my Friends... this beautiful cut Velvet Bedspread for $12 which covers my fav chair perfectly as a slipcover...


And the eerie coincidence is that the pattern matches the pattern on my old pillows perfectly!!! 




I 'heart' Belgian style cut Velvet more than any other fabric... and this color combo was SO ME!!!  It is a rich Burgundy that in some angles of lighting has a rich Red glow... with White and Pale Tan Floral accents... 


It absolutely feels like butter to the touch...


And then there was this large Vintage scalloped edged Plate for only $2...



A HUGE collection of matching Vintage Belgian Embroidered Metallic Trim Doilies & Table Runner for 25 cents to $3 apiece!  I paid less than $7 for it ALL... ten pieces!!! *Be still my beating Heart!*


The Silver Tray from Panama with presentation inscription in Spanish was $2 ... and the adorable 1950's Salt -N- Pepper Chicks were $3.98...


I LOVE making Fabric Art out of Vintage pieces like this... they just don't make 'em like they used to...


And the Silver Tray will make a great chalkboard for the G-Kids...


Aren't they tweet! *Winks*  Brings back childhood memories of growing up in the 50's...


And to round it out I hit the Trifecta in lace-up boots!  I had been Jonesin' for the Steve Madden Troopa Boots in Natural shade (far left) ever since seeing them on my Friend Leslie. Sadly they were discontinued and all the local stores that carried them were out *le sigh*... but I managed to 'score' them online at Close-Out for 50% off, no Tax AND free overnight shipping!!! *Happy Dance* I love the scuffed faux wear on them and they look great with Gypsy Skirts or Bloomers.

And wouldn't you know... there I was trolling the Thrifts when I run across not one, but TWO other pair of fabulous Leather lace-up boots!!! *Gasp*  The Off White pair I 'scored' for $10... and the Brown pair a mere $7!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Color me Happy!!!*

So yes, it was an ultra Fabulous Mother's Day Haul for Yours Truly... thanks to the fav Men in my Life... The Man and The Son... I LOVE you guys... you definitely know the way to this Mom's Heart...

Dawn... The Bohemian

 
Top