Oops... I had intended to save this Post as a Draft for tomorrow, but accidentally hit the Publish button... oh well... here we go... a back to back... and... Our final destination on the Crawl is Melrose Vintage, this is the one Shop I know I can find many of the new fabrics by the Designers I enjoy... Rachel Ashwell and Cath Kidston to name a couple.  They also carry bolts of Oilcloth in beautiful prints, Oilcloth is a Gal's best Friend when you've got menfolk and wee ones in the household and want something that looks good but cleans up like a charm without getting ruined by the mishaps, the wear and tear of a larger household of various age groups and genders! *wink*  Sure I adore my Vintage Fabrics and prefer them, but the reality is, in an active household it isn't always wise to use your best irreplacable pieces just anywhere or everywhere. Unless of coarse you enjoy clutching your Heart daily and trying to avoid having a Stroke on a regular basis!? *LOL* So, its nice to be able to get fabulous fabrics in gorgeous prints that aren't Vintage but still have that charm about them... and this place gives you that option.  I also come here for my crafting needs, they have the more distinctive styles of scrapbook pages that appease my Bohemian tastes. There are Decorating Books, fabulous custom Linens and Slipcovers, custom Pillows, all of the Stampington Magazine series... and their paper products and crafting supplies are different than what the Chain Crafting Stores offer.  They offer workshops too on a regular basis.  And the interior decorating sections *swoon*, well, I could just move right in and make myself at Home in their vignettes... which have a beautiful selection of new, Salvage, Vintage and Antique items and great Light Fixtures.  So peeps, I Hope you've enjoyed joining us on our 1st Melrose Crawl of the New Year and taking in all the sights... and if you're ever in Phoenix on a 3rd Thursday of the Month, perhaps we can hook up and do it together in person sometime... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top