One of my first serious collections was of Rosaries and Crosses... I've always loved them and so collecting them is a Joy that I never tired of.   Because they are among the oldest of my collections they are also one of my largest collections... thankfully they're usually a small and so don't take up vast amounts of space!  You collecting enthusiasts know what I'm talking about... as collections grow we can run out of space to properly store or display them and what fun is a collection if it isn't visible to enjoy and share at least part of the time!? I have big ones and very tiny ones, hand-made ones, ones I created myself, Folk Art ones, Antique ones, Vintage ones, New ones, collectible ones, unique ones, common ones, ones from every Country around the World I or The Man could find one.  The beads of my Rosaries are made from so many different materials... glass of every type, Crystal, semi-precious stones, common polished stones, pressed Rose Petals, seeds, dough, Coral, Shell, Bone, Horns, Pearls, Bakelite, Plastic, knotted Materials, Wood, Filigree Wire, Silver, Gold, Tin... metals and materials of every sort in fact... even Figural Beads where a tiny Image or Flower is within each Bead!  I've got Rosaries and Crosses draped around the house almost everywhere... and in every room of the House.  I like the way they look, I like to wear them and use them in every day decorating... I especially Love their significance and what they represent... which to me embodies my Faith and the faithful.    Faith is a wonderful thing, it has gotten me through life situations that otherwise might have destroyed or overwhelmed me without it... quite often I'm up by Faith and I know that it will hold.   Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  I love that verse in the Bible... the knowing that Hope has substance... and that just because something is not yet seen does not mean there is not evidence of it.  And so I continue each day fresh with Faith... and it is my Hope that you do too dear ones... Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top