I love the thrill of the hunt, I really do... the search for the next Found Treasure gets my adrenalin pumping like an athlete preparing for their Sport!  In a way it is a Sport to me, to see what I can discover, reclaim, rescue, repurpose, score...   I grew up around Antiques and Bohemian Bling so I probably know more about it than say the average person, since it has always been a way of life for me since as long as I can remember.  My Parents and Grandparents collected Antiques and they schooled us in the ways of knowing the good stuff... so it's easily recognizable to me.  And because I love it so, I always want to learn and find out more... and I've found whatever you know and are passionate about, you will become as educated in as possible.  There are times when my internal radar goes off on a piece even if I don't have a clue about it's value yet or even what it is... has that ever happened to you too?  I usually go with that gut instinct, and on the times I haven't... well, I should have... because it serves me well and when I don't act upon the instinct, I've regret it later when I discover what I just passed up and how much it was actually worth!  Even if I have no intention of keeping a piece, I usually know that I can sell it at a profit if I got it at a bargain or deep discount.  Perhaps that's the Gypsy in me, the Art of the deal! *LOL*  So, it's no surprise that I love Flea Markets, Junquing and Thrift Stores best of all... because that is where I've uncovered the best hidden Treasures at ridiculous prices... or even free.  And what's not to like about THAT?!?!!  I shouldda been a Picker... because I could do that type of "work" all day long... every day... it wouldn't even be like work to me, it would be... Bohemian Bliss!   Traveling around... seeking out Treasures... meeting new, interesting people who are probably more like me than most of the population! *smiles*  So today I thought I'd share my latest Thrift Store Score, ain't they purdy and Boheme Fabulous?!?!?!  And I got 'em ALL for only ten bucks, so I'm jazzed. So rare to find the matching sets of Brooch + Earrings intact... and I ADORE the Colors of this Set and the lovely Onyx Center Cabachon Stones, all three pieces are quite large too, just like I like 'em... go big or go Home! *wink*  And the other earring set, who doesn't like flashy Rhinestone Bling... so many possibilities to the Artist!  And I might make this a regular type of Post... where I will show the latest Thrift Store Score and perhaps even include a Linky so that you can show off yours too?  So if you're Game for it peeps... go for it... Dawn... The Bohemian








 
Top