The Man and I walked next door to our Neighbors at the Church yesterday because there she was parked in the parking lot, right next door to our property... just look at her sparkling in the Arizona Sun like a precious Gem... the Airstream Land Yacht!!! *Heart palpitations and major swooning*  Okay, I'm confessing... seemed appropriate to make a confession since she was sitting in a Church Parking Lot, don't you think *wink*... confessing that I was officially JEALOUS... Green with envy in fact... someone Pray for me, quick! *LOL*  The dear Owner was gracious enough to tell us the story of how he got her three years ago, restored her and allowed me the privilege of photographing my Dream Machine... the big Kahuna of Airstream Dreamers!   What a beauty she is... I love seeing a magnificent Vintage blacktop Jewel loved, utilized, properly taken care of and kept in pristine condition like this!  Not all of them are... I've grieved over some I've seen left in ruins or to rot in obscure fields and lots... unappreciated and uncared for... they deserve better... but the Owners aren't always willing to part with them even though they're being laid to waste and neglect. *le sigh*  I suppose its an emotional attachment and perhaps they don't have the means to restore them but cannot bear letting them go... so I'm not judging... I'm just sayin', it breaks my Heart because they could, in the right hands, look like this... and be a Dream come true... and simply amazing!  The Man knows I want one... desperately... even one of the smaller ones... or the less well known brands of one... or even an old Shepherd's or Gypsies Vardo... in any condition in fact... I'll work with it... and lovingly resurrect it into my personal Bohemian Valhalla... my Studio on wheels... so that when the urge for wanderlust strikes I can just pick up and go, without a care in the World... just the open road and whatever destination lies ahead... with the Journey being enjoyed as much as any particular destination... or no destination in particular... and one day it shall happen... and rather than being the one parked next door... it will be "The One" parked at this ole' House... Dawn... The Bohemian

Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.  ~Anatole France

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.  ~St. Augustine


A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.  ~Lao Tzu


The Traveler sees what he sees, the Tourist sees what he has come to see. - G. K. Chesterton




 
Top