Sometimes the images in my Posts have nothing whatsoever to do with the written topics *Smiles*
... And sometimes they have everything to do with what I want to write about... today would be one of those days where the images are relevant to the topic. Yesterday's Post was the complete opposite, the lovely images didn't relate to the story at all. *Winks*  That's just how I roll...


I don't plan it that way, I take pictures of whatever catches my eye all of the time and the writing... well, that usually is just randomly spontaneous and whatever happens to need or want to be expressed that day.  Whether they match up or not isn't important to me actually.


I'd probably never get a Post done if I had to organize it or THINK about it in advance and have a Plan! *LOL*
Like my Art I prefer it all to be spontaneous and completely random and a Joy.


Today I was noticing what had caught my eye to photograph as the weekend had unfolded... how random was it REALLY???


I like the excitement of never knowing exactly what that will be... what images will present themselves for a photo op and eventually land up in a Post to be shared. Or if perhaps there were subliminal Messages and Meaning behind what I was drawn to? Even if matched up with an equally completely random or unrelated Story because the writing, well, I never know exactly what that will be either until I sit down to type and it all spills out of my thoughts and onto the screen.


A lot catches my eye you see... and I also have a lot to say... *LOL*


And sometimes it is so relevant to a particular day... such as noticing this lovely Antique Needlepoint paying homage to Fathers during the Father's Day Weekend... 


Or not seemingly relevant to anything I'm thinking about or going to write about at all... but interesting or lovely enough to beg to be photographed and shared all the same... Or IS it NOT relevant??? Lets go deeper...


You might wonder why I completely and intentionally avoided a Father's Day Post this past weekend?  Certainly I could have used that lovely Needlepoint image as the lead photograph for a Father's Day Post and come up with something significant to say to honor Dads and their Special Day.  And I did recognize upon reflecting on the images captured that I had actually been subconsciously drawn to images & items that reminded me of my Dad. 


Like Vintage Kitchen items... Dad was a Master Chef and made everything from scratch using old fashioned methods that took time, Love of the Craft and superb skill... 


And Antique Persian Rugs ... Which Dad had picked up on travels abroad to grace every room of our Home... making it like an exotic scene out of Arabian Nights... 


The ambiance of long established restaurants we'd frequented for decades...


But the truth of the matter is that ON that day it was difficult for me to think about it very much without welling up with emotion and missing my Dear departed Dad very much...


And having almost everything catch my eye that reminded me of him and of special times spent together.  Sure time heals and you move on... but the Love and Memories keep them very much alive long after they've passed from time into eternity.


  Along with the emotions associated with knowing The Man couldn't be with or around any of our Family for Father's Day and in particular any of the Adult Children and G-Kids... while he's away doing Seasonal Work... and they're scattered like chaff in the wind across the many miles that separate us.  That's tough for him I'm sure... and even harder on all of them.


And hard on me to witness a Boy, my little Prince... missing his Dad & his Grandpa...


And a spoiled Princess missing her Grandpa terribly... her "Honey"... because NOBODY does anything like he does and so it just won't do! *Winks*


And a grown Son who wanted to appear so Manly that he wouldn't get emotional while leaving a Message for his Dad and sharing his Heart...


 And had to hastily excuse himself from Mom's presence so that I wouldn't see him shed any tears...  


Because when it comes to the Men we Love in our Lives emotions can roll deep...


From the Gladness...


To the Sadness...


To the myriad of cherished Memories...


The Post, Thoughts and Images might be belated until I could bring myself to a place to reveal them... but the Love and cherished Memories abide daily...

And yes, that old faded, tattered Black & White Image is of me and my beloved Dad, at the Train Station in my Mom's Country of North Wales... and I sure do miss the endearment of hearing his strong voice call me 'Sweetheart', most especially on Father's Day...

Dawn... The Bohemian... and Family

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~ Clarence Budington Kelland

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - White Elk

 
Top