I love special surprises don't you?


It's so much fun when you're asked to be a part of a Special Surprise for someone...


I had that special privilege recently...


Someone Special had been patiently wanting and waiting upon one of my bags for a very long time... but I hadn't been taking on so many commissioned pieces lately until I could devote more time to my Art and get these arthritic hands limbered up with Acupuncture Therapy... 


And her Birthday was coming up soon... and she hinted that if I could get around to her bag she'd be delighted...  but if I couldn't she'd understand.  I had to do an Oscar worthy performance... because you see...  


Several of her very Special Friends had decided to get together and surprise her... and had already commissioned one of my bags for her Special Day that they would present to her...


All I had to do was deceptively get some specifics about what her vision for a bag would be...


I felt very "undercover" *winks*... and she told me the desire for a Pastel Blue Floral Needlepoint... which was wonderful since I had a beautiful Vintage 1920 Pastel Blue Floral Needlepoint I could use and would be my inspiration for the rest of the piece... and it is especially exciting to me when an unfinished piece by some other amazing Artist that has waited 90 years can finally be transformed and showcased as it was always meant to be... into a completed work of Art!


And maybe some Pastel Velvet... Check...


And something that looked somewhat like another of my creations that she'd really liked... I knew the one... and so I kept that in mind as I designed her piece...


A larger sized bag... Check...


With a Vintage Brooch on the flap... Check... The little hand-painted Flowers on this Porcelain Brooch complimented the little Needlepoint Flowers surrounding the Lilies.

And so... I had her vision laid out... and I'm only Hoping that my vision and her vision line up in such a way that when her Dear Friends present her their Special Surprise Gift for her Birthday... it will be everything she envisioned and wanted in a bag...


Oh, and she'll look so much lovelier modeling it than yours truly... but I couldn't resist... I always want to see what it will look like and feel like on someone...


And my five year old resident Photographer, Princess T, obliged...


And instructed Gramma to do this and do that to make the Shots just right... just like a real Photographer would with their Model *LOL* ... I think that kid's got potential!

And I shall have to delay this Post until I know the Gift has been presented... but I do so Love being part of a Special Surprise... don't you?!?
Dawn... The Bohemian

 
Top