Noticing and capturing details is a favorite past-time for me...
A piece like this with amazing details stops me dead in my tracks every time...


Which is why I've enjoyed playing with the Art of Photography...


Experimenting...


Seeing how close I can get in the Close-Ups...


Seeing how much detail can be captured through the eye of my lens...


Those amazing little details that are as sweet to me as a Dessert...


I've always been a detail oriented person... appreciating them...


I can get totally lost in the details... immersing myself in the layers of Color... of Form...


Of Textures...


Of unexpected Moments... when I wasn't even prepared to capture a shot... until it presented itself and begged to be preserved...


Quite often I've become so familiar with certain beautiful details that I almost fail to notice them anymore...


Until playing with the Art of Photography forces me to notice them all over again and capture them...


Look them over with an appreciative and aesthetic eye... what might make a good photograph?


What images do I want to preserve and freeze in Time?


Something I'm attracted to perhaps?


Or that took my breath away?


Something or Someone so cherished that I will always want to remember and have images of long after they're gone?


What details have intrigued me?


Were so exquisitely ornate and detailed that I was impressed and it caught my interest for more than just a moment...


 Wondered about them... and wanted to know more about their History, Function or Purpose?
*Hint Hint my amazingly knowledgeable Blog Friend Richard! Winks* 


What details had just enough whimsy to make me just Smile... like a boldly painted chicken wire cabinet full of Vintage Hats I'd never wear but are amusing in their extravagant decorations... wondering about who would have worn them and imagining where?


Or were they perhaps only ever just a decoration... a craft project... a prop?


What details did I swoon over?


What Eye Candy can't I get enough of?


Or is so unique and one of a kind in it's detailing that you might never see one of it again? 


Nevermind a complete Set of it!!!  Pristine and still intact after all these years...


What interesting vignette of a collection of Vintage items was so detailed and artfully displayed that it could spark an interest in that Theme or genre even if you never considered it before?


What Historic Architectural details do you wish would be replicated in modern construction?


And you Hope will at least be preserved and remain intact in the last bastions that have survived the ravages of Time and 'progress'...


Because sadly so few are now left and they just don't make 'em like that anymore...


Or like this... straight out of the pages of a Fairy Tale in it's details... I LOVE it!!!


Or how about this... the ole' Hippie in me adored this Bohemian Artsy detailed vibe... *Winks*  It's almost as colorful and quirky as my ole' Homestead... almost... *LOL*  I laughed out loud that the front yard was strewn with Pink Flamingos... I think I Love these people and I don't even know them... but theirs HAS to come with an interesting & fascinating Story don't you think? *Smiles*


Yes my Friends, noticing and capturing details is a great Love of mine... it is what creates endless inspiration for me... and it's such a big part of my Life that exploring it now through the eyes of the lens has just expanded and magnified something that was always quite large in my personality anyway... because to me it's ALL in the details...
What details captivate YOU my Friends?


I'll be linking up for a Blog Hop with my Friend Cat over at GYPSEA NURSE Blog  for Sand & Sea Sundays... since the Desert has no Sea my entry was the cool Vintage Fishing Gear pix... *Winks* Coz you know the lack of anything won't make me miss a Blog Party for nothin'!!! *LOL*


Dawn... The Bohemian 

Everything has its Beauty but not everyone sees it. - Confucius -  Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)

*Some Images were captured at ANTIQUE GATHERINGS, RUST & ROSESTHE BRASS ARMADILLO... or at this ole' House & my Gardens... and on my daily walks...* 
 
Top