One of my favorite shops that carries all things shabby and chic is 'Not Too Shabby' in Phoenix... Kim and Katy not only have an eye for the 'good stuff' and carry an abundant variety of all these wonderful Found Treasures, but their talent at display and making fabulous vignettes makes strolling through the shop a real treat and feast for the eyes!  The next few days worth of posts will take you on a tour of this delightful shop... and a day that was not too shabby and provided endless inspiration and photo ops for yours truly.

The Italian cut Velvet Bedspread with Cherubs and Roses is identical to one I already own or I would have been snapping that up for sure... though owning two was still a tempting thought since they are so versatile for decorating.  I did however come Home with the Antique oval Orange Silk and Floral hookrug Down stuffed Pillow... my passion for Vintage and Antique pillows runs deep... it was all I could do to resist not getting the equally fabulous Antique large round tye-dyed Velvet and Rose Needlepoint one too! *le sigh* Well, there's always tomorrows, right? *wink*  Thankfully I'd already recently scored a lovely Victorian Crazy Quilt so I wasn't too tempted by the fabulous one under my pillow! *whew*  And check out that creative Kimona made from a repurposed Crazy Quilt... yeah, that's SO me too that I was having a major lustfest just in this one corner of the shop!!!  Stay tuned for more divine eye candy to whet your appetite for Fab Shab... it will be a virtual buffet feast for the eyes my Friends, I promise... Dawn... The Bohemian

 “The eyes are the gateway to the soul.” - Herman Melville

Ralph Waldo Emerson - “To the attentive eye each moment of the year has its own beauty and in the same field it beholds every hour a picture which was never seen before and which shall never be seen again.”

Thomas Higginson - “Originality is simply a pair of fresh eyes.”

 
Top