Post Numero Quatro of The Melrose Crawl takes us to a pair of Sister Stores, that if you're a Francophile like myself, will transport you to a Paris Vibe and the soothing color palette of Robin Egg Blues... Dove Grays... and shades of Sepia and Whites downstairs... and the rich Bohemian Gypsy prints, colors and fabrics and a Casbah Vibe upstairs.   I like to experience the former and feel right at Home in the latter... so I thoroughly enjoy this place and even the dressing rooms have a sumptuous feel as you're enveloped in luxurious Boheme fabrics on all sides... and even the ceiling... like a coccoon... and ornate full length mirrors with Rococo ornamentation.  I'm talking about "Paris Envy" and "Olive In Paris" of coarse.  As a Designer of OOAK Bags... the aged Canvas Bags with French lettering really caught my eye... I have some old Feedsacks that I've held onto for years that I've been pondering what to do with... I can only hope mine will eventually look as fabulous as these in some creation one day!   The large pieces of furniture are to die for... alas, I'm at saturation for anchor pieces in this ole' House... but if I was decorating a fresh space from scratch... this would definitely be the "go to" place for those magnificent anchor pieces to build a room's decor around.  And putting such finishing touches as Crowns, Vintage Mercury Glass, old Seltzer Bottles and bouquets of Peacock Feathers... well, what else would a Gal need? *wink*  Even their Bunting Banners were dreamy... humnnnnn... wonder if they'll consider selling those at some juncture in time??! *smiles*  And the Hospitality was unmatched... Champagne, Fresh Fruit, Pastries and Brie... it certainly primed us for The Melrose Crawl shopping experience and a delightful evening... starting at Paris in the Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

  If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast. - Ernest Hemingway
 
Top