Details have always captivated me, along with richness of fabrics and use of color and prints with reckless abandon, and the repurposing of lovely fabrics... so the Victorian Crazy Quilt encompasses all that which I'm drawn to and speaks to my Soul and sensibilities.    The variety and piecing together of lucious fabrics, the array of creative stitches and artwork lovingly hand-made is interesting and gives the eye a kalaidescope of beauty to take in.  Even photographing a detailed piece gives so many options of what to capture and so it was with great delight that I had acquired this lovely Victorian Crazy Quilt.  Only a few delicate Silk patchwork pieces didn't quite survive the test of time and frayed, but it still gives it an aged, lovingly worn feel that I appreciate and adore.  Some things just become aged to perfection and don't require restoration and I'm content to leave them "As Is".  I've found that many "As Is" items have significant mark downs so if you love the piece and the imperfections and wear aren't an issue for you then it can give you a rare opportunity to own an Heirloom quality  collectible at a deep discount.  My quirk is that I PREFER the imperfect, worn and flawed over the perfect, new and pristine.  I enjoy the character of a piece that has had use and brings with it a story.  Pieces that have survived, been cherished and not discarded in spite of mishaps, a hard life of much use, or feeble amateur attempts at repairs.  Time worn pieces that to me only get better with time, developing that patina and character which only years can create.   And which to some... make it even more special and priceless in our eyes... Dawn... The Bohemian

Originality is nothing but judicious imitation. - Voltaire


 
Top