Get ready for an avalanche of eye candy from one of my favorite new Artists, Laura Van.  Tonight was the kick-off of Glendale Glitters in Olde Towne Glendale and I knew there would be thousands descending upon the Historic District for the celebrations and to do their Black Friday Christmas Shopping.  So I wanted to rush over to "Cottage Garden II" and see all of Carol's new Laura Van creations before they began to be snapped up by eager Shoppers.  I had my eye particularly set upon the new Crosses and wanted first pick of these Lovelies.  I am an avid Collector of Religious inspired Art and have begun collecting Laura Van's work because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT ALL!!! I haven't seen one of her pieces that I wouldn't like to own and so I save towards acquiring a few most coveted pieces bit by bit.  The Tole Metal Flowers and Butterflies are charming... there are Lacey Filigree Metal corners and accents... some have Rhinestone bling and Pearls... all are made of great Salvage Wood in the most fabulous colors... there are Boxes, Frames, Crosses, Mirrors, Candlesticks and Hearts. *swoon*  I picked out my two favorite Crosses... it was difficult... they were all so beautiful and unique... but I finally settled upon a Black one with a Rose, fancy Metal Corners and Butterflies... and a most unusual Taupey-Green colored one with a large Rose and lots of fancy Metal Corners and filigree Metal accent.  But there are still beautiful Crosses left in Aqua, White, Mustard and Rust colors... as well as numerous matching Frames!  My photos don't do the pieces justice... and when you see some of this Artist's work in person you are sure to be loving Laura Van too...  Dawn... The Bohemian
Be sure to check out the Christmas Give-Away at The White Bench Blog my Friends!

 
Top