Around Christmastime I am more inclined to decorate with colors and appreciate color palettes that normally I wouldn't be drawn to in my day to day living.  Bold Reds, Frosty Blues or Forest Greens coupled with White are examples of 'Holiday' Colors that I'll enjoy decorating with for just the Holiday Season.  So when the Holidays are approaching I start noticing objects of those hues that might be perfect for Holiday decorating for the Christmas and Wintery Season.  I enjoy using Salvage, Vintage and Antique elements in my Holiday decorating as much as I use them for everyday.   It could be Vintage and Antiques with a distinctive Holiday theme, or just the colors I want to use to decorate for a particular Christmas and incorporate into my Holiday vignettes.  While at 'Not Too Shabby' there were several items that would have been perfect and definitely caught my eye as possibilities...  the oversized Red and Silver Metal Letters... a vintage Red Tricycle... old  Red or White Soda Fountain Chairs... comfortable overstuffed Green or Red print upholstered vintage chairs that I could envision beside a roaring fire *okay so I have no room for those nor do I have a roaring fire indoors but I CAN fantasize... wink*... Icy Blue vintage Needlepoints framed in Wicker or Salvage Victorian Ceiling Tin... an old Red Leather Diner Stool... elaborate Bird Cages that would be perfect to house flickering Holiday scented candles or tiny Christmas vignettes and Religious Statuary... Gingerbread Architectural Salvage elements... Pillows made from bold Vintage Tablecloth fabrics... old Childrens books with nostalgic bygone era graphics... yes... it all had a Christmas Vibe that certainly beats anything I've seen at the Mall or in a Chain Store to make a most unique and interesting Christmas...  so when out seeking those special Holiday elements to decorate with this Christmas, be creative, imaginative... think outside of the box and see what amazing options you can come up with to make this a very memorable and special Christmas indeed... Dawn... The Bohemian 

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. - Burton Hillis

Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles. - Unknown
 
Top